As an Android Engineer for Pixate, you will help lead our efforts to expand our product support on various Android-based platforms. You will develop Android UI and backend integrations. You will be a core contributor to our product architecture, design and direction.
Things we look for:
- You have deployed an app to the Google Play Store
- You have experience coding UI / UX
- Deep Java experience
- Server-side skills
- Have a strong eye for app design and graphics
- Startup experience
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years mobile development experience
- You have built and deployed Android apps
- Be able to work out of our offices in Palo Alto, CA
- You love to hack
- Love to write about you do (i.e. blog posts)
- Computer Science degree
- Experience with iOS
About Pixate, Inc.
Pixate was founded in May 2012 by Paul Colton and Kevin Lindsey with the goal of enabling designers and developers alike to quickly and easily create beautiful, native mobile interfaces. Pixate was a Y-Combinator Summer 2012 participant, and also raised funding through a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2012 and a venture round from Accep Partners in mid-2013. Pixate is based in Palo Alto, CA.
Joel Test score: 12 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?