TeleSign is looking for a talented developer who likes poetry and long walks on the beach. Almost forgot - you also need strong design & development chops! You should expect to have fun researching and applying new technologies to next generation systems. We want "web scale" so be prepared to offer solutions to help us build highly available and scalable systems. As a fast paced technology company we all must be comfortable wearing multiple hats during crunch time. This position does require everyone to leave their egos at the door and be ready to collaborate in a fast paced fun environment where everyone learns something new every day.
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves and produce well designed and tested production quality code.
- Accountable for complete development process; design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Implementation of highly available and scalable services.
- Participate in design and code reviews to help increase the quality of our products.
- Supporting existing systems while making enhancements towards future architecture.
- Pick best technology for situation. The ability to tell the difference between cool and useful.
- Interact with Product Owners effectively regarding features and specifications.
- Mentor and learn from small team of developers.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Solid experience in either front end and/or back end Python web app development.
- Relational database experience, with strong SQL and database design skills.
- 2+ years experience developing in a Linux environment
- Understanding of development best practices and standards (design pattern, PEP-8, etc.).
- Strong understanding of AGILE and SCRUM methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated with strong problem solving skills
- Solid grounding in Git, Mercurial or Subversion
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with VOIP (SIP, RTP) / SMS (SMPP).
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Redis, etc).
- Understanding of Message Queuing Systems (RabbitMQ, Qpid, etc).
- Git and GitFlow experience
Every second, of every day, TeleSign protects the world's largest Internet and Cloud properties against fraud. TeleSign Intelligent Authentication provides an easy-to-implement and powerful method for identifying and substantially reducing online fraud and spam using the most widely deployed technology — a user’s phone. The company protects 2.5 billion downstream users in more than 200 countries, offering localization services in 87 languages. In 2011 and 2012, TeleSign ranked in the top 25 on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ and was named Visionary in Gartner’s User Authentication Magic Quadrant.
TeleSign invests first and foremost in our people and has created a quality and fun workplace. We are passionate about what we do, take pride in assembling the best team, enjoy working with other bright and like-minded folks and know that our market leadership is a testament to every one of our employees. We offer the opportunity for tremendous professional and personal growth and this, along with our highly competitive benefits plan, individual bonus potential and the many other perks (gym subsidy, free monthly car washes, full-stocked kitchen etc) would be just some of the reasons we've been deemed as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles.
Joel Test score: 12 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?