We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Software Engineer to join our MLS Data Integration Team at Commissions, Inc. We process hundreds of millions data sets per year and you must be comfortable dealing with tables that greater than 100M rows.
As a Software Engineer with our MLS Data Integration Team, you will design and implement solutions to integrate MLS Data through Web Services (such as RETS and IDX), MLS Data Mapping software, and other Data Integration.
* As part of the team, you will transform business requirements into scalable designs for an N-tier 24x7 production environment.
* Implementing robust business solutions for our data integration processes using Microsoft SQL Server and .NET framework including VB.NET
* Designing database table structures and ensuring that data has integrity
* Working with other teams to obtain their support services through the project cycle
Additional tasks of the Data Integration Software Engineer include:
* Utilizing Lean Development methodology for providing fast and efficient delivery of services
* Following established best practices
* Learning our internal development infrastructure
Skills & Requirements
- .NET Programming Languages
- SQL Server (2008 R2)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- OO Principles and Design
- Strong familiaraity with the MSFT Debugger
Commissions Inc. was founded on the encouragement of some of the nation's top brokers and mega-team leaders in order to address gaping holes in real estate technology. We were initially approached in 2006 to build a platform that could run an entire real estate business from top to bottom. At the time the challenge seemed too daunting and we said no. Conversations continued through late 2010 and we decided with the right partners guiding and advising us, we could build the real estate platform that would encapsulate the needs and desires of the nation's top brokers.
In December of 2010 we flew a group of top real estate leaders from around the country to Atlanta for an initial strategy session. These leaders came from every region: West coast, East coast, Midwest, Northeast, and Southwest. They represented major metro areas, mid-size markets, markets decimated by the housing bust, and markets that had weathered the storm. For two and half days these thirteen leaders shared their insights on what it would take to build the perfect real estate platform.
The goal was simple: eliminate the need for duplicate technologies and build a platform that could take brokers to the next level while realizing technology cost savings, administrative savings, and getting brokers to the closing table more often and cheaper than before."
In mid January of 2011 we started building what is now known as the Commissions Inc. system. Pre-orders were taken in May of 2011 and we launched full scale sales in October of the same year.
We are growing. We are evolving. Our goal is the same as it was in the beginning: to build the perfect real estate platform. We continue to listen to all of our real estate partners. Without them we could not have developed the quality platform we have today.
Joel Test score: 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
How to apply
Please apply at the following URL: