- Work collaboratively with operations and engineering in new system design, process improvement, and resolving complex technical problems.
- Configure, install, deploy and monitor Linux systems.
- Maintain and configuration of network and network devices.
- Maintain hardware inventory and work with vendors on providing hardware support.
- Perform back up, file replications and script management for servers.
- Plan, coordinate and manage installation and maintenance activities
- Perform operational support tasks as required to maintain infrastructure uptime.
- Recognize and identify work that needs to be performed with a sense of urgency and ownership for improving the overall environment.
- Own problem resolution, facilitate discussions, and provide status updates during critical situation outages.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of Data Center infrastructure problems.
- Participate in problem management and root cause analysis and maintain 24x7 availability and monitoring of business system servers
- Update and maintain Data Center processes, change management, daily operations, outage and emergency processes.
Skills & Requirements
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Recent, demonstrated experience with mission critical linux based data center infrastructures (racking, cabling, install and configuration, configuration management.)
- Ability to work well with customers and in a cross-team environment; customer and team focused.
- A high-energy individual with sound judgment who is sensitive to the needs of a small and rapidly growing company.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to crack tough technical problems quickly when a solution is not immediately obvious.
- Meaningful, recent experience with most of the following is required;
- Expert with the linux command shell
- System administration
- Servers, including VM based systems
- Data center networking infrastructure
- VPN servers
- Large scale-out NAS systems
- Strong expertise in at least one scripting language – perl, bash, ruby, etc.
- Optional, but highly desirable skill sets;
- Experience with globally dispersed data centers
- Experience with svn and jira
Axcient is on a blistering growth path with 3,116% revenue growth over the past 3 years and has been named the fastest security company in the nation by Inc Magazine. With such great momentum comes great challenges and this is where you come in.
If you want to join a company where people know you by name and recognize you as a key player in orchestrating the disruption of a $30 billion dollar industry, then Axcient is the place you have been looking for.
A key member of the Operations team and reporting to the VP of Operations, the SaaS Operations Engineer plays a pivotal role in the setup, maintenance and management of Axcient’s mission critical Hybrid Cloud Storage data center service infrastructure. You will be responsible for complex customer issues that involve being resourceful, creative problem-solving and the ability to identify the source of problems. This position is a responsible for performing administrative tasks to maintain system operation, tune, troubleshoot, install new systems, maintain system security and performance.
Because we hire only the best and brightest, we nourish that talent with an environment where people can innovate, thrive, and pursue their passions. Our competitive compensation package includes stock options, 401(k), and comprehensive health benefits – along with access to perks like free lunches and weekly team workout sessions.