Position: SaaS Operations Engineer
Location: Mountain View, CA
Axcient is on a blistering growth path with 3,116% revenue growth over the past 3 years and has been named the fastest security company in the nation by Inc Magazine. With such great momentum comes great challenges and this is where you come in. If you want to join a company where people know you by name and recognize you as a key player in orchestrating the disruption of a $30 billion dollar industry, then Axcient is the place you have been looking for.
As a key member of the Operations team, reporting to the VP of Operations, the SaaS Operations Engineer plays a pivotal role in the setup, maintenance and management of Axcient’s mission critical Hybrid Cloud Storage data center service infrastructure. You will be responsible for identifying and resolving complex customer issues that involve being resourceful, demonstrating creative problem solving, as well as the ability to rapidly identify the root cause of issues. This position is responsible for performing administrative tasks to maintain system operation, tuning and troubleshooting existing systems, installing new systems, and maintaining system security and performance.
- Work collaboratively with operations and engineering in new system design, process improvement, and resolving complex technical problems
- Configure, install, deploy and monitor Linux systems
- Maintain configuration of network and network devices
- Perform back up, file replications and script management for servers
- Plan, coordinate and manage installation and maintenance activities
- Perform operational support tasks as required to maintain infrastructure health and uptime goals
- Customer-centered, with the ability to recognize and identify needed work, and the ability to address things with a sense of urgency and ownership
- Own problem resolution, facilitate discussions, and provide status updates during service impacting events
- Troubleshoot and resolve Data Center infrastructure problems.
- Participate in problem management and root cause analysis and maintain 24x7 availability and monitoring of business system servers
- Update and maintain Data Center processes, change management, daily operations, outage and emergency processes
Skills & Requirements
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience in a Technical Operations Capacity
- 3-5yrs experience with Systems Administration on LINUX platforms
- Recent, demonstrated experience with mission critical Linux based data center infrastructures (racking, cabling, install and configuration, configuration management)
- Ability to work well with customers and in a cross-team environment; customer and team focused
- A high-energy, service-excellence persona and exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make confident, accurate decisions quickly
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to crack tough technical problems quickly when a solution is not immediately obvious
- Meaningful, recent experience with most of the following is required;
- Expert with the Linux command shell
- System administration
- Servers, including VM based systems
- Data center networking infrastructure
- VPN servers
- Large scale-out NAS systems
- Strong Understanding of MYSQL and NoSQL
- Strong expertise in at least one scripting language — python, ruby, perl, etc.
- Optional, but highly desirable skill sets;
- Experience with globally dispersed data centers
- Experience with git and jira
Axcient is an entirely new type of cloud platform that eliminates data loss, keeps applications up and running, and makes sure that IT infrastructures never go down. Designed for today’s always-on business, By mirroring an entire business in the cloud, Axcient makes it simple to access and restore data from any device, failover IT systems, and virtualize your entire office with a click - all from a single deduplicated copy.
Because we hire only the best and brightest, we nourish that talent with an environment where people can innovate, thrive, and pursue their passions. Our competitive compensation package includes stock options, 401(k), and comprehensive health benefits – along with access to perks like free lunches and weekly team workout sessions.