What you’ll work on:
- You’ll be part of the team responsible for all of Trulia’s Android application development. This includes top rated phone and tablet apps featured on Google Play and even a few apps for Kindle. These apps are used by millions of consumers and real estate professionals each day, so the work you do will have huge impact.
- You’ll contribute to Trulia’s awesome, employee-centric team, participating in stand-ups, weekly planning meetings and collaborating with our product and design team.
- You’ll join forces with other Android developers to achieve great things, including implementing new features, optimizing performance, and learning new things about Android.
How we work:
The engineering team is about a hundred people, and we break into small teams of 2-4 to focus on specific projects. We release often, with new features always under development and a strong focus on user experience. Our local QA team writes automation tests and does hand testing of your features, working with you to ensure that only high quality code gets to production. Organizationally, we're pretty flat, though you'll have a mentor with whom you'll have weekly 1-on-1 meetings, to review code, exchange ideas, and ensure we're doing everything we can for you to thrive in your role.
Why work at Trulia?
Engineering gets respect.
We use the phrase 'we're a tech company that does Real Estate' to emphasize how important engineering is to the company. Engineering is the department that drives our apps, tools, data, and interfaces forward. This attitude comes not only from the Engineers, but from our CEO and other top management. They believe in us.
We have awesome problems to solve.
The housing market provides a fantastic blend of problems. We need creative people to help us combine the data about every address in America with the soft side of helping people find a home that makes them feel safe, happy, and comfortable.
Stability is wonderful.
We're that rare company that holds the culture of its startup roots, while blending in the sanity of a regular work schedule with an emphasis on work/life/family balance. It’s like this because we worked hard to make it this way.
Skills & Requirements
- You have worked in a professional coding environment for over 3 years
- You've been working directly on Android for at least 1 year
- You have strong object-oriented programming and architecture skills
- You live to break down and solving complex problems by creating practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- You enjoy working with talented engineers, and craving an environment where you can learn from others and share your knowledge
- You’ve demonstrated success innovating with Engineering, Product and Design teams
- You're a great person that willingly collaborates, listens, and cares about treating people fairly.
- Your work commands a top ranking in Google Play
What you'll work with:
We currently have 3 top rated apps in Google Play and 2 for Kindle Fire. We use the standard Android framework with ActionBarSherlock and Android support library for UI consistency and device accessibility. We start with great user experience, ensure app stability, and focus on performance and code readability. We use ANT with Jenkins for our continuous integration. We release frequently and are working with Robolectric and Android uiautomator for testing. We use Git, and are nurturing a code review culture. We are always looking for new performance tools and optimization techniques to enhance our apps. If there's something that's a good idea for the team, we'll do our best to implement it.
- 'Innovation Week' every quarter
- People you're happy to see every day
- Stocked Kitchens and two kegerators
- Penthouse roof deck
- All IDEs welcome
- Aeron chairs
- Great benefits (untracked time off, variety of health plans, 401k match)
Trulia is a successful rapidly growing technology company, redefining the home search experience for consumers and changing the way real estate professionals build their businesses. Our marketplace, delivered through the web and mobile applications, gives consumers powerful tools to research homes and neighborhoods and enables real estate professionals to efficiently market their listings and attract new clients.
Trulia was founded in 2005, backed by Accel Partners and Sequoia Capital, and had a successful IPO in 2012. We are headquartered in downtown San Francisco with offices in Denver and New York and voted Best Place to Work in both San Francisco and Denver.