Would you like to get on the ground floor of a stable, well-established company? Confused about how to do that lacking a TARDIS or DeLorean? Well now, you can!
Our well-established financial services company is starting up an internal software development group, and you can be a part of it! NextGear Capital is looking for talented DevOps engineers to help us manage, develop, deploy, and monitor new cloud-based business systems. You'll work closely here at our Carmel, Indiana offices with the development and infrastructure teams to manage the future of business systems for NextGear. You'll help manage Mac OS X laptops and servers, and help build and deploy Ruby/Rails/Postgres/NoSQL/Big Data apps to Amazon, Heroku, and/or private clouds. To http://jobs.manheim.com/careers/nextgear-capital-jobs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Candidate will support the software development ecosystem, assisting developers in configuring the development and testing environments, and leading process improvement efforts for development operations.
- Be responsible for managing custom software deployment to cloud-based and/or internal environments.
- Monitor development, quality, and production environments for performance, stability, and cost
- Creation of dashboards via tools such as NewRelic to support environment monitoring.
- Work closely with the internal infrastructure team, as well as the rest of the product development staff.
- Contribute back to the Open Source community, where appropriate, by deploying non-proprietary component development to OS repositories
- Contribute to the Indianapolis area developer community, as well as the worldwide virtual community of software development
- Define infrastructure via cloud platforms and service vendors for custom software applications developed by the Product Development team
- Ensure that applications and APIs are accessible to NextGear users and customers
- Automation of uptime and status checking, and API availability status
- Automation of machine image startup/shutdown on demand
- Automation of on-demand deployment of new testing, training, and demonstration environments of systems developed by the Product Development team
- Maintenance of images and backups of custom applications, as well as disaster recovery for cloud deployments
Skills & Requirements
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years web development and/or sysadmin/cloud operations experience, with Ruby or similar web development language
- Experience maintaining Linux server environments
- Experience with Mac OS X support and configuration preferred
- Experience preferred in one or more of the following technologies:
- PostgreSQL 9+, NoSQL
- Automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, and Capistrano
- System monitoring tools such as NewRelic
Public cloud deployments to environments such as Amazon EC2, Heroku, or Rackspace
- Private cloud deployments to environments such as Hyper-V, VMWare or OpenStack
- Ability to learn, use, implement, and integrate leading technologies
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Able to work independently, self-motivated, and a strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and fix system configuration issues
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Previous experience in a team environment preferred
- On the job, ongoing
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to stand and sit for periods of time
- Ability to operate office equipment, computers, faxes, copiers, and phones
- The position requires good speaking and listening skills
- The position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail
- Corporate office position
- Minimal travel may be required
- Minimal off-hours support availability may be required
This information is not designed to be a complete inventory of the job’s duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Rather, it’s designed to give the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this job title.
About NextGear Capital
NextGear Capital is the world’s most comprehensive and innovative provider of lending products for the automotive remarketing industry.
Founded in February 2013, NextGear Capital fuels its customers’ success by providing innovative solutions to empower them to floor plan vehicles from virtually anywhere, at any time. NextGear Capital’s customer base stretches across North America and includes more than 17,000 dealers and more than 1,000 auctions.
NextGear Capital offers its customers flexible lines of credit for their inventory purchases, including Retail, Wholesale, Salvage or Specialty (Rental, Heavy Truck, RV and Receivables Financing).
Dedicated to making the process of buying and selling inventory faster, simpler and more profitable for our customers, NextGear Capital’s industry-leading customer experience will serve the needs of dealers and auctions alike.
NextGear Capital is focused on simple solutions for its customers, understanding their business models and helping them succeed. NextGear Capital has the inventory financing solutions to shift your businesses to the next gear.
How to apply
To apply for this position please click the following