The .NET Software Engineer will primarily design/develop/test features for our Windows Ground Control Station (GCS) software. This is the software that the user will interface with to control our autopilots. In addition to the GCS, you’ll also have the opportunity to help develop our other user-facing applications, such as our web dashboard for easy configuration of aircraft, and our cloud portal for managing entire fleets. As a senior engineer, you will also be expected to take ownership of significant feature sets and help make major architectural decisions.
- Develop features for the Ground Control Station and other client applications
- Write unit tests and assist in testing other team members’ code
- Collaborate with other hardware/software engineers, management and business development in conceptualizing and developing new system applications and enhancements
- Assist in developing the architecture of the GCS and other user applications
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or more advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 5+ years of C# and 3+ years of WPF experience using the MVVM pattern.
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum) environment
- Experience with DVCS such as Mercurial or GIT
Nice to have's
- Strong understanding of UX concepts and design
- Knowledge of web development using Python
- Android development using Xamarin
This position will be co-located with the rest of the Airware team in downtown San Francisco
Airware is transforming the unmanned aerial systems (UAS) industry by creating an operating system and development platform for small commercial UAS, aka commercial drones. That's right, we make the brains for flying robots!
Our platform enables customers to tailor UAS towards any commercial or civil application.
Imagine building a system that helps protect endangered species in Africa from the threat of poachers, or one that allows first responders to get a nearly instant live bird’s-eye view of a disaster zone. At Airware, our engineers work every day with our customers and partners to make such visions a reality.
We're a fast-growing startup company with an exceptional team that combines aerospace expertise with the rapid technology development of Silicon Valley. We’re building an all-star team and looking for the best to join us!
More About Airware
There is an immense need for quality customizable software and ongoing customer support when it comes to small unmanned aircraft. Airware set out to fill that void by creating AirwareOS, a comprehensive platform for small commercial UAS development. Previous solutions have been either closed black boxes or homebrew, while Airware’s enterprise solution combines autopilot hardware, flexible software architectures, and an API for customization and expansion.
We are a rapidly growing startup, well-funded by two of the world’s pre-eminent technology venture capital firms, Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures.
Airware is unique and characterized by a diversity of individuals who develop, test and iterate on ideas in days and weeks rather than months and years. We are a small and growing company, and we spurn the bureaucracy that can stifle innovation and creativity. The organizational structure is very flat, and you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in multiple aspects of the business. If you’re an expert at what you do, a go-getter and a team player, we want to hear from you!
Check out our opportunities at www.airware.com/careers.
Check out one of our videos on YouTube www.www.YouTube.com/AirwareUAS We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Airware does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.
Joel Test score: 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
How to apply
Please apply directly to : http://grnh.se/wlg8mo