We are searching for talented back-end engineers to help us build a globally distributed, consumer-facing platform coupled with real-time reporting, and analytics tools. You will solve architectural and algorithmic problems and expose data and business logic to front-end developers. Jointly, we’ll deliver a blazingly fast, full-featured user experience.
Our team is committed to engineering excellence. We are powering a fast-growing business in a hot space with abundant monetization potential. If you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you!
Dynamic Signal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Skills & Requirements
What you’ll do:
- Develop and design APIs for internal and public use.
- Build distributed network systems and manage numerous servers and databases.
- Design middle-tier and back-end logic for new features, collaborating with the front-end and product teams.
- Code primarily in C# and the .NET framework. (Open source folks: Never fear! If you like complex web development and learning new technologies you’ll feel right at home!)
- Create highly optimized, scalable, redundant, and distributed software.
- Write manageable, modular code, along with automated unit tests.
- Profile code for performance and memory efficiency. Use caching effectively.
- Help release and maintain your code and debug production issues.
- Research relevant new technologies.
- Solid computer science fundamentals and excellent design/problem-solving skills.
- Successful development of scalable, high-performance services through multiple ship-cycles.
- Data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, and multithreaded programming.
- Data model design, queries, and stored procedures.
- REST/ JSON APIs design and use.
- C#, .NET, Entity Framework, Windows Services
- PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server
- ServiceStack framework
- Agile/test driven development
- Experience with social media APIs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram APIs
- If you consider yourself a social media junkie, blog regularly, or can’t live without your mobile apps, tell us about it!
About Dynamic Signal
Dynamic Signal is about communities. We build them for brands, just like we strive to build one in our working environment. Whether we’re celebrating birthdays, product releases or big customer wins, we take the time to enjoy our successes as a team and understand the importance of having a good time while building our business. It helps that we’re an eclectic mix of seasoned and next generation entrepreneurs that realize the value of a healthy life-to-fast paced start-up growth balance.
Now is an excellent time to join the Dynamic Signal team. We’re rapidly growing and we offer competitive compensation, benefits & equity packages. Finally (and most importantly?), we provide snacks & delicious catered lunches for our all of our employees.
Joel Test score: 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?