The C++ Software Engineer will design, code, debug, and integrate real-time C++ software applications in a POSIX compliant OS. As a senior software engineer, this role will also serve as a source of best practice knowledge for software design, coding, and testing for a highly-dynamic, continuous delivery software development environment.
- Design, code, debug, and integrate real-time C++ software applications in a POSIX compliant OS
- Provide advice on C++ software development best practices and guidelines to rest of the software team
- Develop software validation procedures and work with software quality team on implementing procedures in SQA process
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or more advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 5+ years of designing, coding, and integrating C++ software in real-time applications
- Expertise in building applications that run on a POSIX compliant OS
- Experience with DVCS such as Mercurial or GIT
- Experience designing software applications for safety critical systems
- Knowledge of industry coding standards such as MISRA C++,and JSF++
- Expertise in object oriented design tools and representation languages such as Enterprise Architect and UML
- Coding experience with C and C# in addition to C++
About Airware, Inc.
Airware is transforming the unmanned aerial systems (UAS) industry by creating an operating system and development platform for small commercial UAS, aka commercial drones. That's right, we make the brains for flying robots!
Our platform enables customers to tailor UAS towards any commercial or civil application.
Imagine building a system that helps protect endangered species in Africa from the threat of poachers, or one that allows first responders to get a nearly instant live bird’s-eye view of a disaster zone. At Airware, our engineers work every day with our customers and partners to make such visions a reality.
We're a fast-growing startup company with an exceptional team that combines aerospace expertise with the rapid technology development of Silicon Valley. We’re building an all-star team and looking for the best to join us!
More About Airware
There is an immense need for quality customizable software and ongoing customer support when it comes to small unmanned aircraft. Airware set out to fill that void by creating AirwareOS, a comprehensive platform for small commercial UAS development. Previous solutions have been either closed black boxes or homebrew, while Airware’s enterprise solution combines autopilot hardware, flexible software architectures, and an API for customization and expansion.
We are a rapidly growing startup, well-funded by two of the world’s pre-eminent technology venture capital firms, Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures.
Airware is unique and characterized by a diversity of individuals who develop, test and iterate on ideas in days and weeks rather than months and years. We are a small and growing company, and we spurn the bureaucracy that can stifle innovation and creativity. The organizational structure is very flat, and you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in multiple aspects of the business. If you’re an expert at what you do, a go-getter and a team player, we want to hear from you!
Check out our opportunities at www.airware.com/careers.
Check out Life at Airware: www.YouTube.com/AirwareUAS