The Senior Embedded / Firmware Software Engineer will take ownership of embedded firmware development and will lead a multidisciplinary team of developers in developing new firmware and performing continuous improvements and enhancement of existing firmware.
- Own microcontroller-based software and develop Airware’s proprietary autopilot firmware
- Help us create embedded software development best practices and guidelines
- Develop software validation procedures and work with software quality team on implementing procedures in SQA process
- Work in embedded and you’re an incredible coder? That’s who we’re looking for!
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s or more advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded software coding in C and object oriented C++
- Expertise in hardware level debugging, testing, and peripheral driver development
- Experience in developing software running in embedded RTOS environments
- Expert knowledge of software quality assurance and validation best practices
- Knowledge of software coding standards such as MISRA C, MISRA C++, or JSF++
- Experience in MATLAB / SIMULINK auto-coding
- Experience with the following peripheral protocols: I2C, SPI, CAN, USB, UART
About Airware, Inc.
Airware is transforming the unmanned aerial systems (UAS) industry by creating an operating system and development platform for small commercial UAS, aka commercial drones. That's right, we make the brains for flying robots!
Our platform enables customers to tailor UAS towards any commercial or civil application.
Imagine building a system that helps protect endangered species in Africa from the threat of poachers, or one that allows first responders to get a nearly instant live bird’s-eye view of a disaster zone. At Airware, our engineers work every day with our customers and partners to make such visions a reality.
We're a fast-growing startup company with an exceptional team that combines aerospace expertise with the rapid technology development of Silicon Valley. We’re building an all-star team and looking for the best to join us!
More About Airware
There is an immense need for quality customizable software and ongoing customer support when it comes to small unmanned aircraft. Airware set out to fill that void by creating AirwareOS, a comprehensive platform for small commercial UAS development. Previous solutions have been either closed black boxes or homebrew, while Airware’s enterprise solution combines autopilot hardware, flexible software architectures, and an API for customization and expansion.
We are a rapidly growing startup, well-funded by two of the world’s pre-eminent technology venture capital firms, Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures.
Airware is unique and characterized by a diversity of individuals who develop, test and iterate on ideas in days and weeks rather than months and years. We are a small and growing company, and we spurn the bureaucracy that can stifle innovation and creativity. The organizational structure is very flat, and you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in multiple aspects of the business. If you’re an expert at what you do, a go-getter and a team player, we want to hear from you!
Check out our opportunities at www.airware.com/careers.
Check out Life at Airware: www.YouTube.com/AirwareUAS