As an Android mobile application developer, you will be developing and extending the existing code base of our Booking.com application. You will work with colleagues in the mobile team and with external developers to improve and implement features which our users interact with directly. The successful candidate will be passionate about coding and have an excellent eye for detail and an absolute commitment to making sure features are well implemented. Your role is within the development team, part of a growing team of mobile specialists.
We make our design decisions based on experiments and testing. By measuring experiments results based on conversions we decide on which features to implement.
- Maintained and enhanced Android application;
- Translating requirements and mock-ups into fully functioning features;
- Developed new and existing Android applications features;
- Provide estimates on development cycles;
- Implement conversion experiments (A/B tests);
- Partnered with designers to help define and implement User Interface improvements;
- Worked with team members on server-side integration;
- Ensure to build an Android application that can be widely accepted.
Skills & Requirements
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with Android application development using Android SDK;
- Expert knowledge of Java;
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and a strong passion for software development;
- 5+ years of experience as a developer
- Strong interaction and design sense
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player;
- Fully comfortable working in English, both in writing and spoken.
- Willing/Able to relocate to Amsterdam
It would be a plus if you had:
- Experience with Android Market place & Distribution Process
- An approved Store App
- SQL knowledge and/or willingness to learn
- Experience working with A/B testing
Booking.com (part of Priceline (NASDAQ: PCLN) is the world’s leading online hotel & accommodation reservation company. People can access our platform anytime, anywhere from their desktop, mobile phone or tablet device. The website is available in 40 languages, offers over 330.000 hotels in 184 countries and attracts visitors from both leisure and business markets around the globe. With over 16 years of experience and a team of over 7500 dedicated employees in more than 110 offices worldwide, Booking.com operates its own in-house customer service team available 24/7.
How to apply
Please apply via this link: