We are seeking an individual that is interested in working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting. The ideal candidate will be able to develop and specify standards, procedures and methods to determine product quality or release readiness. This role encompasses a unique opportunity to build out responsibilities as this is a new role within the firm.
- Use software testing methodologies which include test planning, as well as manual and regression testing for various applications
- Responsible for developing software integration test plans as well as analyze test output, identify discrepancies and document findings as well as writing release documentation
- Test both server side and GUI software
- Work closely with developers througout the development life-cycle, including writing unit test cases
- Interface with software engineers to ensure software issues are communicated and resolved
Skills & Requirements
- Candidates with previous experience writing automated tests for a Unix-based trading system preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, another technical field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in QA/Software testing
- Solid scripting language skills (linux shell, bash scripting and python) desired
- Strong spoken and written English skills are necessary as communication is key among the different teams.
Please note - there is no visa sponsorship available for this role.
About Old Mission Capital, LLC
Old Mission Capital is a proprietary trading firm with offices in Chicago and New York City. In the competitive world of electronic trading, we use quantitative techniques and advanced technology to identify profitable trading opportunities around the globe. Our firm is made up of individuals seeking to be part of a team that is constantly striving for improvement and never content with the status quo. As the firms grows in size, we're committed to the development of our team members and making sure they feel challenged and engaged in the company's growth. Employees are frequently given opportunities to take over a project and see it all the way through to fruition.
- Competitive compensation
- Generous vacation policy
- Fully paid for Health & Dental Insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen and free breakfast and lunch every day
- 401(k) + employer match
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Friendly, informal work environment
- Offices in Chicago's River North area, very close to public transportation
- There is no relocation package available for this role.