Market76 is disrupting and redefining the way financial products are distributed. We have a talented team of software engineers, a business model that is gaining significant traction, and a real need to expand -- quickly!
Market76 is looking for a full-stack, Ruby on Rails developer to help us build the world's largest network of financial advisors, asset managers, and other financial service providers ever. Bottom line -- we're looking for someone who is smart, can get things done, and knows how to have fun while doing it!
At Market76 you get to play with all the new technologies -- Ruby on Rails, Twitter Bootstrap, Automated Deployment, RSpec Automated Testing, etc. We like developers who can work in any part of the stack, but still have one area they really feel comfortable and dominant in.
We work in fast-paced sprints and are constantly interacting with clients to build what we and clients see as the most important features. At Market76, you will make a real difference in how this industry operates -- join us and help invent the future of socially-integrated wealth management!
Skills & Requirements
We expect to see:
- Killer programming skills and a history record of getting things done.
- Advanced skills in some server-side web development stack (e.g. RoR, Django, etc). Experience in our stack (Ruby / Ruby on Rails MVC / MySQL) is a major plus, but not a requirement.
- Up-to-date, in-depth knowledge of modern HTML, CSS and JS (preferably SCSS and CoffeeScript).
- Disciplined: self-motivating, self-directing, and aggressively communicative.
We like to see:
- Open source code you're really proud of.
- Projects/things you're working on on the side.
- Interesting hobbies that show why you'd be fun to work with.
Market76 also possesses a fun and culturally diverse combination of personalities, interests, and hobbies. From beer know-it-alls to daring travelers, we constantly share our experiences and help each other grow by offering our unique perspectives. We encourage teamwork, healthy competition, and unrelenting respect for each other’s ideas and values. A never-wavering love for all things engineering, gadgetry, and constant improvement connects us all in our goal to fundamentally change the way the wealth management industry functions. Join a team that bonds over happy hours, roof grill-outs, and more! Market76 is a well-funded startup based in Stamford, CT.
Market76 grew from the everyday requirements our team faced as advisors. We wanted to answer clients' questions with a single click rather than create complicated workflows. We wanted our data to flow freely and consistently across all of our software. Our team of dedicated engineers, marketers, product specialists and customer service professionals work vigorously for our customers’ success.
Joel Test score: 12 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?