Bloomberg's Systems Security group is seeking a highly talented and motivated senior security engineer to design, build and manage security tooling for the Bloomberg environment. The experienced candidate will build management tools and infrastructure to tightly integrate multiple security mechanisms to increase the scale of manageable security at Bloomberg. The ideal candidate will be highly creative and comfortable identifying and prioritizing the most impactful ways to allocate resources.
Successful candidate will have a passion for creating highly effective infrastructure and be able to combine commercial, open source and proprietary components as it makes sense to the problem at hand. Candidate will have a direct responsibility for engineering solutions to complex security problems, so balancing security and usability is critical. You will also be responsible for making intelligent and pragmatic decisions around prioritization of efforts based on risk.
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of experience working with multiple operation systems, with expert level knowledge of UNIX
- Strong and well-rounded background in host and application security
- Experience with applied cryptography including PKI, SSL, key management, SSH identities
- Designs of configuration management tools
- Working knowledge of network protocols such as DNS, LDAP, DHCP, NFS, Kerberos, etc.
- Understanding of techniques for distributed authentication and identity management
- Proficient in at least two of Python, C, Perl, or ksh (Python and C are the primary languages employed in our team)
- Familiarity with software engineering tools (version control, deployment tools, etc.)
- Understanding of application (web/thick client) architecture techniques
- Experience with log management and related tools
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please go to: