Market-leading start-up catering to the private fund industry (hedge funds, private equity, i-banks) has an immediate opening for a bright mid-level C#/SQL Server developer with 3-6 years of experience. As part of our seasoned NYC dev team, you will work on our flagship application: a sophisticated and data-driven regulatory platform built on the Microsoft stack.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in middle-tier and back-end development, a skill for tough puzzles, and a drive to meet high expectations with great software. This is a hands-on, full-stack opportunity to kick-start or ratchet up a career in both finance and next-generation enterprise software.
Skills & Requirements
- Rich C#/.NET skills, with fluency in OO and SOA. Preference for expertise in LINQ and serialization
- Solid SQL base, with an emphasis on T-SQL and SQL Server 2008 R2/2012
- Experience working with abstract and data-driven models is a major plus
- Facility with large datasets, financial or other, is preferred
- Authorization to work in the US
- Collaborate on development of new data-driven application features and behaviors
- Integrate with and maintain existing code base using industry and firm best practices, including source control (Mercurial/Kiln)
- Participate directly in the complete SDLC, working closely with our product, QA, support, and legal teams
- Build smart internal tools to streamline platform development
- Learn and work with independence, merge with an established dev team with decades of collective experience building best-in-class enterprise software
- Deliver under pressure
About Advise Technologies
Advise Technologies, LLC is a vendor providing shrink-wrapped software (local and cloud) and bespoke services to hundreds of the top firms in the industry. We offer a competitive base salary plus bonus potential along with a benefit package including medical, dental, vision, and flex spending accounts. We work out of a great midtown New York City location, close to all major transportation hubs. Advise is an Equal opportunity employer, and all applications are reviewed directly by our dev group.
Joel Test score: 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?