Have you ever wanted the opportunity to architect and build a private cloud?!
Under the direction of the Director of Enterprise Services, the Senior DevOps Engineer will help drive technical and process change to technology within the organization by leveraging industry best practices and collaborating with Development, Product Advancement and other functional business areas to identify and meet business objectives.
This position will help to drive the architecture, planning and building of the PAAS/IAAS (Platform/Infrastructure as a Service) for the organizations System Development Lifecycle including: virtualization, storage, network, systems, applications, configuration management, automation, component upgrades and monitoring. Working closely with other groups in Enterprise Services, this person will hand off implementations including documentation and training to support quality services.
The position will also provide support to other functional areas including Information Security, Business Services, Back Office Services and others where development initiatives concern Enterprise Services resources.
- Design and Engineer Information Technology Infrastructure in collaboration with Architects and Business Management teams.
- Support Strategic and Tactical Planning of technology and process through all aspects of Enterprise Applications and Services.
- Analyze and make recommendations on all layers of the SAAS stack.
- Plan and build improvements within the organization’s IAAS capability.
- Develop Documentation, Run Books, and Training of Engineered Solutions for Enterprise Services and front-line support personnel.
- Develop custom tools to integrate with vendor applications and API’s.
- Develop and enhance operating environments.
- Support adoption and enablement of governance, risk and compliance initiatives.
- Provide Tier 3 support for escalations.
- Support the System Development Life Cycle as a consultant. Be accountable through Planning and Build phases.
Skills & Requirements
- Knowledge of software development (Java, C, Perl), private/public cloud and unified computing concepts including Openstack, Eucalyptus, or Cloudstack.
- Knowledge of development services including Subversion, Jenkins or Atlassian tools.
- Strong understanding of Authentication, Access and Accounting concepts.
- Strong understanding of configuration management concepts and processes including CF Engine, Puppet or Chef.
- Strong ability to manage and configure Linux open source operating systems.
- Strong understanding of storage, network services, architecture, distributed services, networks, protocols and virtualization.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with personnel at all levels within the organization, as well as outside vendors/contacts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, and outside contacts.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
IQNavigator provides intuitive technology and innovative solutions that allow the world’s best companies to intelligently manage their procured services through their ecosystem of people, partners and suppliers.
IQNavigator’s multi-tenant SaaS Vendor Management Software (VMS) processes tens of billions of dollars in yearly services spend for clients. Our VMS automates the entire lifecycle of the non-employee workforce — enabling hiring managers, category owners, MSPs and suppliers to better manage contractors, consultants, temporary workers, independent contractors and outsourcers.
Please note your desired salary range when applying.