We are looking for a Python developer who wants to be part of a product team for a next generation voice-activated, connected home platform. You will be responsible for building new features, enhancing existing features, and operationalizing the core infrastructure. The right person is a strong team player and is used to working with tight deadlines. ivee engineers are responsible for all parts of ivee’s platform. This includes the front-end web application, back-end services, and the ivee voice platform.
Our technology stack consists of Python, Tornado, Django, MongoDB, MySQL, and AWS. Things change fast, so we care more about how quickly you can learn and adapt than what you know now.
Skills & Requirements
- 2-4 years of professional Python experience
- Experience building web applications using Django or a similar framework
- Comfort consuming and creating RESTful APIs
- Experience with source control & continuous integration tools like github, jenkins, etc.
Optional (but big plusses):
- Experience with home automation platforms and/or third party device APIs
- Experience with SRGS and/or SISR
About ivee (Interactive Voice, Inc.)
At ivee, we work at the intersection of artificial intelligence, speech recognition, natural language understanding, and the Internet of Things. Since 2011, ivee (http://www.helloivee.com) has made voice-activated alarm clocks. Our products are currently sold through stores like Staples, Best Buy, and Brookstone. But that’s just the beginning. Our next product is a WiFi-connected, personal assistant for the home. (Think HAL.)