- Effectively work within a team of developers across multiple simultaneous projects
- Conduct software development under a Scrum-like agile development process
- Strong ability to pick up new technologies, frameworks, and methodologies
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- Minimum of 3 years software development (or equivalent) experience
- Currently located in the Richmond, VA area or willing to relocate
- Strong fundamental understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- Familiarity with RESTful API design and implementation with Laravel, Zend, CakePHP, and/or MVC3/4, etc.
- Strong SQL-like database design and implementation skills
- Strong detail-orientation and organization skills
- Experience working with mobile technology, ideally from the perspective of a user as well
- Experience with Subversion, Git, and/or Mercurial VCSes
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Desire to exert a meaningful influence on the company’s growth trajectory
- Self-starter mentality with a strong work ethic
- Broad experience with and interest in technology, not limited to software
Evenspring is a small company that’s growing quickly by successfully executing on a wide range of challenging internal and external projects. Evenspring works very closely with its sister company, SRRN Games, which is currently working with a major video game industry publisher on a console title for 2014 release.
The team is looking to expand by bringing on experienced web and mobile application developers. Some recent projects of note include:
- Working with two insurance industry startups to implement proprietary pricing models, and enabling one of the two to make the first sale of a Coventry health plan in Virginia under the Affordable Care Act.
- Working with the Monticello Motor Club, a high end motorsports resort in New York, to redesign their track check-in process, site design, and ecommerce backend.
- Successfully implemented a mobile voice conferencing solution to allow users of a popular platform to initiate conference calls with the touch of a button from their Android phones.
- Evenspring is currently working on a travel industry related platform as well as a gmail-API enabled business application, in addition to collaborating with SRRN Games on an educational videogame project under a significant government grant.
Evenspring is a rapidly growing digital strategy concierge, with plenty of room for advancement and responsibility.
Joel Test score: 9 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
How to apply
Please use this link to apply: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/Evenspring/74122881-general-developer-position