This position will work closely with Development, QA, and Product Management to design and implement features and capabilities for Logi Analytics’ New Product Line.
- Performs design and code reviews; Consults with operations engineers, database architecture and other team members to evaluate and improve operational and performance aspects of the overall system.
- Champions the efforts of the Emergent Design and Technology road map teams to continuously evolve the platform.
- Takes initiative in resolving challenging, complex issues across the lifecycle, including production support, development operations, continuous improvement, increasing quality.
- Monitors industry trends on web technologies and related concerns to aid with roadmap planning and risk mitigation.
- Object-oriented programming concepts, design patterns.
- Exposure to environments with continuous integration, automated testing and agile software development.
- Experience developing high traffic web applications makes you extra special!
- Gain good understanding of our suite of software products.
- Work within our development team to maintain and enhance the product.
- Take ownership of product sub-systems.
- Provide a positive influence that will improve our products for our customers. Invent new ideas to build new features and products to help grow Logi Analytics.
Skills & Requirements
- jQuery, Knockout.js, Angular.js, Backbone.js and Node.js
Proficiency with C#.
Building applications for Java Web application servers.
- Designing and implementing excellent Web UIs
- .Knowledge of MVC
- .NoSQL database experience with Hadoop, MongoDB, Hbase or other similar technologies.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)Proficiency working with various data sources: RDBMSs, Web services and other data sources.
- Demonstrates and applies strong technical leadership and knowledge to develop high quality, resilient software, as an individual contributor, as part of a scrum team.
- Strong communication skills required to document functionality and converse with engineering, sales, marketing and customers.
About Logi Analytics, Inc.
Founded in 2000, Logi Analytics provides businesses the fastest and easiest way to deliver business analytics, dashboards and reports to a broad range of users, as well as to embed them into existing applications - all for a fraction of the cost of other solutions. Unlike traditional Business Intelligence platforms that are comled and costly, Log Analytics' agile technology allows organizations to rapidly develop, deploy and adapt BI applications that serve any numbe rr of users on any platform - all whtiout extensive development or professional services. Logi Analytics is headquartered in McLean, Virginia with sales and support offices in the UK and Europe. The company is a private, venture-backed firm with investments from GroTech Ventures, Updata Partners and Summit Partners.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?