We're starting a local community revolution! Our goal is a "Meetup Everywhere about Most Everything," and we're on our way. We help people "use the internet to get off the internet" because Meetups change lives and can change the world.
We are profitable, growing, and committed to building an all-star, all-NYC company. We are a company that values doers over talkers and mentors over managers. We are a company where people who take risks and win are rewarded and grow.
Meetup is seeking a talented QA Engineer to join our growing team in New York City. We are a results-oriented company with a solid financial footing, a proven business model, and most importantly a mission to change the world. As a QA Engineer, you will:
- Participate in the earliest planning to help shape how new features will work.
- Design and perform functional, regression, and stress tests to ensure our service works smoothly for all members.
- Consult with other engineers and the product team to resolve problems.
- Investigate bugs reported through our community team.
Skills & Requirements
An ideal candidate has:
- Experience with web and mobile applications.
- A feeling of pride and ownership over quality.
- Familiarity with SQL, and working in a Linux environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The passion to work at a company that is changing the world.
Our team is smart, ambitious, supportive, and above all - we are excited by what we do. While meeting regular deadlines and being focused on quick, quality completion of projects, the environment is relaxed and fun.
Every member of the Meetup Team is expected to: be an Innovator; be a Collaborator; be a Champion for their ideas; be an Expert; have High Standards; be dedicated to the power of self-organized groups and our mission of A Meetup Everywhere About Most Everything ("MEME"); and most importantly, Get Stuff Done That Makes a Difference!
Check out our dev blog: http://making.meetup.com/
And scenes from our latest hackathon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttEb0C-IPyA
If the above describes you and your passions, we want to hear from you!
Meetup is the world's largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. More than 9,000 groups get together in local communities each day, each one with the goal of improving themselves or their communities.
Meetup's mission is to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize. Meetup believes that people can change their personal world, or the whole world, by organizing themselves into groups that are powerful enough to make a difference.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
How to apply
If the above describes you and what you're looking for, please send us your resume!