The successful individual will have a strong desire to utilize existing knowledge as well as to grow in their overall technology capacity. They will collaborate within the technology team regarding technical design, specifications, overall support and guidance. As well, they will work with the PM/BA and account service teams on proposals, scoping, and project delivery. The developer will utilize their ability to understand what a client is asking for and merge it with the ability to determine what can be delivered within the desired timeframes and budgets. The developer will utilize current project and process practices and shape them as needed in order to streamline and improve delivery efficiency within the organization. The developer will gain strong business knowledge as well as provide feedback and guidance to the non-technology team members on scalability, feasibility of delivery, as well as ongoing technology capabilities and guidance for the quickly changing technology landscape.
- Develop/enhance/review & improve applications and code in accordance with industry best practices, and departmental policies/standards
- Work within a team and independently to analyze and define efficient, cost effective application solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements
- Be involved in research and implementation of new technologies or workflows to improve the efficiency of the organization
- Help with design and development decisions, providing technical guidance to project managers and product owners
Skills & Requirements
Technical Skillset Requirements:
- Strong MVC skills
- 5+ years of experience in Relational Database design and development, preferably with SQLServer 2008+
- Experience working with full lifecycle development
- Experience in responsive design
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
Additional Skillsets Preferred:
- Experience in writing unit tests a plus
- Experience with WebServices, WCF services a plus
- Source code repository knowledge as well as branching strategies (Microsoft TFS)
- Bootstrap a plus
- Experience with SSIS or SSRS a plus
Interpersonal Skillset Requirements:
- Strong analytical, conceptual, problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly
- Strong teamwork, communication skills and time management abilities
About Unified Resources, Inc.
Unified Resources, Inc. (URI) is a west Houston marketing services company that has been serving the needs of a national client base for more than 35 years. As marketing consultants and integrated marketing services provider, URI specializes in addressing the diverse challenges of distributive marketing models (B2B and B2B2C). URI’s dynamic work environment is marketing minded, team oriented and technology driven.
URI is seeking experienced (5+ years) application developers to join their technology team providing web based technology solutions for their clients as well as for the for the overall marketing services organization. Individuals will have the opportunity to work with the latest Microsoft technologies and solutions in a dynamic development environment as well as integrating with the account services teams and other company team members.
URI provides long-term career growth opportunities as well as on-the-job training as we develop and manage marketing solutions across multiple disciplines. URI is seeking candidates who are: motivated, self-starting and critical thinkers.
Joel Test score: 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?