We are looking for engineers (of all levels) to help us dramatically expand and improve our set of products while simultaneously supporting a massive increase in the capacity of our systems. We have been extremely picky about assembling a team of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing products. We work in an agile manner and believe strongly that small cross-functional teams empowered to make decisions and move fast are the best way to do so. This is an unbeatable opportunity for developers who hope to work on and deliver world class software in a friendly, fun, and innovative environment.
Skills & Requirements
- Design, implement, and deliver awesome technical platforms and products for all constituencies (diners, corporate accounts, restaurants, internal tools)
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for GrubHub.com diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
- You will be a key part in accurately estimating the timing of software delivery
- Understanding of Java (all experience levels welcome to apply)
- Understanding of unit testing and version control
- Experience with mobile technologies is a plus
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
- Ecommerce experience is a plus
- Willingness to understand larger business context
- Fast paced, tech and product oriented company
- Desire to work with a great team! Must be genuinely awesome
- If you are based in a city outside of Chicago, feel free to apply! Relocation may be possible for an ideal candidate!
*GrubHub Seamless is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.
About GrubHub Seamless
GrubHub Seamless is the nation’s leading online and mobile food-ordering company dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local takeout restaurants. GrubHub Seamless owns a portfolio of brands that includes GrubHub (www.grubhub.com), Seamless (www.seamless.com), MenuPages (www.menupages.com) and Allmenus (www.allmenus.com). The organization’s free online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners and 4,000+ corporate businesses to order directly from approximately 25,000 takeout restaurants in more than 500 U.S. cities and London, and every order is supported by the organization’s 24/7 customer service. GrubHub Seamless is a privately held company with offices in Chicago, New York, Salt Lake City and London.
With a career at GrubHub Seamless, you can order your cake and eat it, too!
Joel Test score: 9 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?