We are a closely-held application development firm and we are looking for driven senior-level Application Developers. Are you experienced and current in your .NET coding skills and dig classic software patterns? Looking for a no-politics zone to do your best work? Mercury is the place for you!
We are a Westshore-based group of talented designers and developers devoid of heavy corporate structures, approval processes and tight boundaries. We're situated just right for Tampa AND Pinellas residents and ya, we work from home sometimes, too.
Before “designer”, “developer” or “consultant” our team members define themselves as professionals. Keep one thing in mind: interpersonal communication, technical excellence and thought leadership are expected!
Skills & Requirements
Mercury's Application Developers possess exemplary skills in the above technologies and just as important software design patterns, common application frameworks and testing (unit would be nice). The following would be nice, too:
- Bachelor’s Degree favored, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- 8 years or more of experience developing and shipping application code
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer certification strongly preferred
Love of Starbucks, Beats headphones or Slurpees is highly recommended!
About Mercury New Media
Web | Mobile | Data
Simply put, that’s what we do. We’re Mercury New Media, a leading digital application and professional services firm obsessed with websites, web applications, mobile and everything “data”. Noted by our clients as giving that little extra that truly sets us apart, we seek to build sustained, successful relationships, ship customized solutions and deliver strategic counsel and zealous service.
Joel Test score: 12 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
Learn more about Mercury New Media
We have great benefitsHealth CoverageSupplemental CoveragePaid VacationPaid HolidaysSick and Person Time OffTraining & Education
Who you’ll work with
c# css vb.net sql
c# sql html css