Fueling the technologies that drive our products and support our company`s infrastructure, the Technology team consists of talented developers, network architects, and IT experts who help make technology one of Morningstar`s core strengths. Though our technologists represent a range of skills and knowledge bases, they all view technology as a craft and care deeply about creating positive user experiences. From Agile methodologies to mobile applications to software as a service (SaaS) delivered from our private cloud, we push technology`s boundaries to build scalable, elegant solutions that help investors reach their financial goals.
In this role, you will be responsible for the technical design, development, implementation, integration, and testing of .Net software applications within the Integrated Web Tools team. This is a senior role, and an ideal candidate will be able to contribute at all phases of development, from initiation through architecture and design, development and testing. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Solve investors` problems with technology, understanding market chaos at work and crafting technically-appropriate solutions to reduce the noise and communicate effectively to individual investors.
- Be passionate about quality, process, programming, and investing in general, seeing opportunities for improvement, seizing them, and then sharing your findings with others.
- Take ownership of the success of the team with a gets-things-done attitude and ability to understand and leverage new technologies, potentially wearing many hats including business analyst, DBA, QA, and project manager.
- Follow software design best practices; practice continuous integration, test-driven development, and regular deployment.
Skills & Requirements
- A degree in computer science or a related field in software development with at least seven years of experience.
- Advanced knowledge of ASP.NET (C#).
- Understanding of design patterns such as MVC, MVVM, or SPA.
- Be organized and able to remain productive even when you have multiple deliverables.
- Adept with MS SQL 2005 and above as well as Entity Framework and LINQ.
- Development of SOAP and REST Web Services.
- Experience with Java and Spring desired.
About Morningstar, Inc.
Morningstar, Inc. is a leading provider of independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. We offer an extensive line of products and services for individuals, financial advisors, and institutions.
Morningstar provides data on approximately 433,000 investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on nearly 10 million equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar also offers investment management services and has approximately $166 billion in assets under advisement or management as of June 30, 2013. We have operations in 27 countries.