We’re looking for an extremely passionate individual who cares about building amazing products that people love to use.
- You can work in a fast-paced Rails development environment. You have a working knowledge of Rails core features and are able to apply them to real problems
- You are familiar with the concepts behind front-end frameworks and libraries like Angular, Component, Backbone, Ember, Bootstrap, JQuery (obviously), even if you have not used them in a production setting (yet!)
- You write automated unit & feature tests
- You are comfortable using Git, Git branches and Github to manage codebases
- You want an environment to be challenged in, and create something amazing
- You develop with performance in mind but don't dwell on it
- You want to grow with the company you join and have a say in the outcome
- You are comfortable with change and can write code that responds to rapid course corrections
Skills & Requirements
• Help build out rock solid APIs that are flexible & speedy, for our mobile and web platforms
• Speed up slow areas of PetroFeed APIs
• Work with the team to come up with solutions to tough data problems
• Lead or participate in intelligent debates about technology, company strategy, and balance contrasting opinions
Nice-to-haves (but not required)
- Experience with Neo4J, front-end development, Postgres, mongoDB
- Knowledge of the oil/gas industry and the data involved
- Relevant experience to show that you can get the job done, even if you don't have a related University degree.
- Contributions to or ownership of open source projects (tell us all about them!)
- StackOverflow, HackerNews, or GitHub profile
PetroFeed is a well funded startup that is adapting the best consumer tech concepts to modernize the world’s single largest industry. While Oil & Gas is the backbone of the world economy it is living in a antiquated age of technology. We’re looking for the world’s best tech talent to help shape our global energy future.
Benefits to working at PetroFeed:
• Creative and executional freedom
• Stock options in an early-stage, fully funded, private company that is loaded with talent
• Yearly ski/snowboard pass at the resort of your choosing in the amazing Canadian Rockies
• Unlimited paid vacation
• Being part of a high-performing team trying to solve really hard problems
How we work:
Continuous builds, multiple daily production deployments, Github Pull Requests, maintained test suite, pairing… basically, standard operating practices of a modern tech shop.
Joel Test score: 8 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?