You will be a key leader in the development of our client side, framework driven front-end. We build in Ember.js with CoffeeScript and SASS. You should be passionate about delivering amazing UX, low latency, single-page web apps.
We are location-agnostic so that we can work with the very best developers, no matter where those developers live.
- Experience using Ember.js in a production environment (please provide link to examples)
- Passion for user experience and the entwinement of design and technology
- Test/Behavior driven development
- An insatiable hunger to build and rapidly ship (think daily) products and then learn and iterate based on results
- Funny, quirky, team-oriented personality that loves to love the people you work with
- PLUSSES – Full-stack experience, other MVC frameworks, Rails
SASS + Compass
Ruby on Rails
Cucumber + RSpec + Capybara
Skills & Requirements
You thrive in an environment where you are empowered to independently identify needs and opportunities, build solutions against those, and make massive impacts with your contributions. Put more simply, "If the ball's falling, you catch it" and "if you see an opportunity, you grab it". You are both a thinker and a do-er. You know you have the skills to do great things but maybe you've been unable to fully unleash your full potential due to the environments where you've worked. If you hunger to test your limits, grow, and learn, then reach out...
Ahalogy exists to make creators more empowered, brands more authentic, and the web a more beautiful place.
We build tools and a community for the best bloggers, photographers, and designers to distribute their visual creations even more broadly, beginning with Pinterest. Through facilitated curation, plus distribution through the world's most iconic brands, we've empowered independent creatives to turn their hobbies into vocations, passions into businesses, and one-person shops into venture-backed startups.
This curation is supported by a complex data layer and tool set, responsible for almost 1.5 million pieces of content posted and 4 billion impressions generated, all delivered on a bleeding edge tech stack. We empower individuals and brands by solving problems at a massive scale.
*** When you apply, please include your resume and use the 'Cover Letter' section to provide the following that are applicable: github profile, Stack Overflow profile, Twitter handle, blog url, etc. (anything that helps us learn more about who you are). Also, tell us a bit about the work you've done that you're most proud of, excited about, and what you'd like to accomplish next.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?