Always wanted to start your career at one of the best e-commerce companies in the world? Ever thought about moving to the one of the best expat countries in the world?
Welcome to Singapore!
Forget the image of Singapore as a dull, sterile Utopia – dive into this beautiful island country and you’ll discover a multicultural mix of Chinese, Malay, Indian and Western cultures, a rich social environment that’s anything but boring. The richness comes back in Singapore’s cuisine: mouthwatering Asian delights that are heavy on the flavor, but light on the wallet.
For your personal time, Singapore offers you Southeast Asia’s best shopping and innovative, stylish restaurants. Not so much into shopping and dining? Start a dynamic life with a wide range of outdoor activities: walking, cycling and water sports or check out the modern arts scene.
Time for a break? Check out the island sparkling reservoirs and flourishing forest where all you’ll hear are monkeys clattering through the boughs. Lion City will offer you paradise!
Booking.com - planet Earth’s #1 accommodation website - is looking for the world’s strongest UNIX System Administrators for our Singapore office. As a member of our IT Production Team you’ll be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of people.
You’ll be working on 5000+ boxes placed in different live operating, global data centers around the world as well as working within one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world! You’ll join us at our beautiful office in Singapore and work with some of our industry’s smartest people.
About the IT Production Team
Booking.com is all about teamwork and it's that constant cooperation that keeps us motivated. We push the limits of our open source technology stack by contributing upstream to a number of projects which include UNIX, Linux, CentOS, puppet, chef, Perl, Python and more. By proactively thinking about scalability we can ensure the growth of Booking.com.
As an UNIX System Administrator you'll be a key part of our scalability process, working in small teams who take full ownership of their part of our systems. You'll work with other system administrators, database administrators, developers and product owners to investigate, analyze, deploy, monitor, automate, implement, troubleshoot and scale up in a dynamic environment where we require you to constantly challenge the systems & processes.
‘System Administrator’ is just what it says on your CV - you’d be just as happy to be labeled an Engineer, a Builder, or Maker. Because what you really do is solving problems. You’re comfortable discussing automation solutions or troubleshooting issues, you can script away in Perl and/or Python and you’re excited about the endless potential of Open Source technologies, automation and deployments. You understand the impact you can make within your team as well as how your decisions impact our business.
Skills & Requirements
Your core responsibility will be in combining your knowledge and expertise with the goals of our business to support and maintain a world-class infrastructure and to enable our continued growth.
You’ll be comfortable taking ownership of your ideas and suggestions. You are interested in constantly challenge our current systems & processes, as well as that you are excited about working in an agile, collaborative environment.
Craftsmanship and hands-on involvement
- Strong technical skills, Linux and UNIX preferably with Centos experience
- Strong proven, hands-on experience with automation in Puppet/Chef/Blade logic
- Strong scripting knowledge, preferably Perl/Python/Bash/Shell
- Strong experience in monitoring, troubleshooting and problem solving
- You understand the impact of decisions on our business
- You will take ownership of his work and projects
- You are creative and innovative, open-minded
- Experience in an e-commerce environment is preferred
- You are an excellent English communicator with concise/direct way of communicating.
- You are able to discuss ideas and decisions in an international environment and through different business levels.
- You ensure excellent communication and service in response to commercial requirements.
- You have a minimum of 4 years Linux System Administration experience in CentOS
- You’ve mastered scripting languages, preferably Bourne Shell/Perl/Python/PHP
- You’ve got experience or are enthusiastic to work in a large e-commerce environment
- You’re experienced in automation (preferably via Puppet/Chef/Blade Logic)
- You're excited to know more about our massive systems
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- You can choose an Apple MacBook Pro or a Dell laptop as your toolbox and the freedom to customize your development environment to your liking (including root).
- Personal & Professional development; we have a library on various subjects as well as that we offer internal tech training, soft skill training, visiting
- conferences and events
- Global relocation package for you and your family
- Annual leave (21 days per year) plus an average of 11 public holidays in Singapore
- Booking.com Benefit program; a 25% reimbursement on privately booked accommodations
- Medical leave entitlement (14 days per year )
- Medical & Dental reimbursement scheme
- Opportunities to attend conferences, internal and external training, workshops, etc.
- Possibility to travel to our beautiful headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (2-4 times per year)
- Vibrant company culture with many events and activities!
Does this sound like you?
We want to hear about you and what you can do. Please apply via our website with your English cv and motivational letter. We look forward to meeting you!
Booking.com B.V., part of Priceline.com (Nasdaq: PCLN), owns and operates Booking.com™, the world leader in booking accommodations online. Each day, over 550,000 room nights are reserved on Booking.com. The Booking.com website and apps attract visitors from both the leisure and business sectors worldwide.
Established in 1996, Booking.com B.V. guarantees the best prices for any type of property, from small, family-run bed and breakfasts to executive apartments, five-star luxury suites and villas. Truly international, Booking.com is available in more than 41 languages, and offers over 359,000 properties in 188 countries. There are 6,400 people worldwide in 115+ offices support our business.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and motivation/cover letter in English.