FoundationDB is scouring the ends of the earth for the most exceptional developers to join our team. We're doing something audacious: building totally novel software to take on an establishment that's decades old. And so we're looking for engineers who love to tackle challenges others think are impossible, who work as part of a team for truly great results, and who thrive while learning new technologies.
As an engineer at FoundationDB you'll be building the next generation of distributed database technology. You will work with a team of exceptional engineers with backgrounds from top CS programs, research fields, and successful startups. We don’t just write software, we build our own languages, simulations, and state of the art tools to write better software.
As an engineer at FoundationDB you'll be part of a team that is extremely rigorous in its technical work and that also takes fun seriously. Aside from Nerf gun fights in the office, we have a flexible schedule and encourage the use of paid time off. Each member of the team is given growth opportunities in areas that they determine.
Skills & Requirements
- Working closely with other development team members on core and layer development.
- Thinking about high-level and long-term implications of design decisions
- Taking significant ownership in projects
- Doing a significant amount of actual coding each day
- Contributing to our dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- A good attitude, friendly personality, and strong work ethic
- Strong systems programming experience
- A high level of interest in software engineering and computer science
- US citizenship or a green card
Beneficial, But Not Required Skills:
- Experience working on large software development projects
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience with distributed systems development
- An interesting portfolio of side projects that show you enjoy solving problems
- Experience interacting with users
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are well-funded and offer a competitive salary. This position will also receive equity compensation in the form of employee options, so you can share in the company’s success as we grow. We provide a full medical and dental plan (BCBS PPO) and long and short term disability insurance.