As a permanent member of our team in Ottawa, you will be working with our programming team and project personnel in the development, testing and implementation of our business process automation solutions.
Skills & Requirements
- Graduate of a university or college computer science program with a concentration in web programming
- Should possess a strong interest in the subject of internet application development
- Eager to constantly learn and apply new technologies
- Looking for an environment where your contribution is directly linked to your success
- Personable and direct
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with a superior command of English
- Node experience or a strong interest in learning the technology
Based in Ottawa, i-Sight was founded in 1999 and has grown into a global leader in the provision of configurable case management software. With customers worldwide, we operate in an agile and exciting work environment with a steadfast goal of far exceeding customer requirements and expectations. We offer endless opportunities to learn and develop, competitive salaries, flexible hours, a benefits package, bonus plan and summer hours.
i-Sight is located in a newly renovated office to fit a more modern business environment with open concept work space, natural lighting and ergonomic office equipment to ensure our employees remain healthy and comfortable at work. Our office is located in a central location for easy access to amenities throughout the work day and after.
i-Sight is also looking at introducing time set aside for pet projects in the coming year which all developers can take advantage of.
Joel Test score: 8 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?