We're a group of developers and ops engineers who practice a Dev Ops culture. We work together to build new technology and to keep production systems and code happy. We're looking for someone who wants to be in the middle of that, specifically bridging development and operations to maintain and evolve this culture as we grow the whole team. You'll build high-scale, mission critical infrastructure that lets us grow our product faster than our team, doing more with less, and yielding more predictable outcomes. We have a good deal in place today but we're anxious to evolve into the next generation, and we want you to play a big role in that. This role is based in Chicago and you need to be authorized to work in the US today.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience working on a high-impact, small-team with tight timeframes
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Strong grasp of automation tools like Puppet and Chef and experience working in a "devops" culture, sharing responsibilities with developers
- Proficiency in Python or Ruby
- Experience running mission-critical Linux servers in virtualized environments
- Running a large-scale, distributed web application is your bread and butter (load balancing, multi-tier, Apache, PHP, Python, etc.)
- Ability to build, monitor and tune production MySQL servers
- Experience carrying out monitoring and performance analysis using Nagios, Munin, Ganglia or other tools
- Knowledge of WAN networking technologies, e.g. routing protocols and VPNs
- Experience with server hardware, including storage systems
About Sprout Social Inc.
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing: creating something unique. Our team is driven to change the way the world communicates. We’ve assembled a tightly knit group of extraordinary and talented individuals who are relentless about building superior products and focusing on our customers’ success. We work tirelessly to sustain an energetic environment built on creativity, pride, fun and hard work. Here’s what you can expect:
- You’ll be at an industry-leading company in a fast growing space providing world-class solutions that people love.
- You’ll no doubt challenge your skills while working with stellar coworkers who are at the top of their game.
- We solve hard problems and focus on mutual success among our team and customers.
- We’ll always value your contributions to our collective success.
People join Sprout to be part of a great team who work hard, challenge themselves and contribute in meaningful ways. Many other perks include:
- Excellent healthcare benefits with generous company contributions
- Retirement Plans
- CTA/Metra Transit Program
- Wellness Initiatives (Gym / Divvy Bike subsidies, healthy lunch options, etc)
- Free meals, snacks and beverages
- Great environment, technology and equipment
Joel Test score: 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?