Adage is a web development firm located in downtown Chicago. We've been around since 2001 and specialize in developing custom websites, software and mobile apps. Our work tends to be web-based and we work primarily with ASP.NET and Backbone.js.
We are looking for developers who have serious experience working with C#, ASP.NET or Backbone.js. You'll have the opportunity to interact with clients, work on multiple projects, and collaborate on fairly small teams (2-5 developers).
Because our teams are small it easy for your influence to be felt through the code you write and the ideas you bring to the table. Don't be surprised to see yourself interacting directly with clients or collaborating often with UX Designers, Front-End Devs, and Back-End Devs. We're all in it together and work closely as a result.
The work is exciting, but challenging. You will make mistakes. However, as long as you're learning, improving and committed to your teammates, that is alright by us.
Skills & Requirements
What you'll be doing:
- Building complex web applications and dynamic components of web/ecommerce site
- Developing within the ASP.NET framework using C#
- Experience or interest in using client-side technologies like Backbone.js and requireJS
- Meeting and speaking with clients to gather requirements, organize projects and architect applications
- Designing and creating data models
- Maintaining existing web applications for current clients
- Teaching, learning and working with a passionate group of programmers
- Providing input on how to improve the Adage business process using your personal expertise
- Constantly improving your own skills and sharing new knowledge with our team
We want someone who:
- Has significant experience developing ASP.NET applications (~3+ years)
- Has significant experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Has working experience within a Microsoft development environment like Visual Studio IDE or Visual Source Safe
- Has experience working on multiple projects at once and is confident doing it again in the future
- Is proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and HTML/IDE tools
- Is passionate about their work, motivated to learn and constantly looking to improve
- SQL Server experience a plus
About Adage Technologies
Founded in 2001, Adage Technologies is a web development firm located in downtown Chicago. To put our work simply, we build websites, web apps and mobile apps. Our clientele varies, but we often do work for performing arts organizations, manufacturing companies and non-profits.
Just as our project work varies, so does the role of each developer. We tend to work on multiple client projects and take on different leadership roles and responsibilities depending on the needs of our clients and our own interests.
We are growing and looking for humble, hard working developers and engineers to add to our team.