If you are interested in being part of an energetic team focused on delivering high quality software, then Bluebeam is the place for you. We are looking for a Software Project Manager to join us in building the next generation of Bluebeam products. This high visibility position will drive the development process on our newest Revu Mac application. You will also coordinate the efforts of representatives from each function of the project, including Development, Release Engineering, Product Management, and QA. Most importantly, you will be an integral part of the software development team, and as such you will have responsibility not only for guiding the development process, but also for the quality of our software and the delivery of the product.
Our ideal candidate will have 3+ years of both project management and hands-on development experience in commercial software. Key requirements for this position are organizational skills and the ability to communicate project status across many levels and functions within the organization.
To see what it's like to be a part of Bluebeam Engineering, watch this: http://youtu.be/gC5C4LFxhOo
- Serve as an integral part of the software development team to guide the development process, the quality of our software, and the delivery of the product.
- Coordinate the efforts of representatives from each function of the project, including Development, Release Engineering, Product Management, and QA
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Track, monitor, and report on projects and deliverables
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential hurdles, and devise contingency plans
- Develop and refine best practices and tools for project execution and management
Skills & Requirements
- Degree in Software Engineering or a related, applicable field
- 3+ years of hands-on development experience in commercial software
- 3+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at a time and prioritize tasks
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- A proactive nature; driving delivery of projects forward in spite of hurdles and actively driving the schedule and coordinating across functions to ensure projects are delivered within scope and on time.
- Understanding the needs and motivations of all stakeholders in order to meet the objectives of the given product
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong coaching and leadership skills
- Experience with programming languages, preferably C# and C++
- Experience developing OS X/IOS applications is a plus
- Certifications in Project Management, Agile, and Scrum Master is a plus
About Bluebeam Software, Inc.
Celebrating our 12th year, Bluebeam Software is a leading developer of PDF-based collaboration solutions for technical professionals. Our award-winning software is used by leading architecture, engineering and construction firms to implement paperless workflows and redefine the way they work, consistently resulting in faster and clearer communication, improved collaboration and reduced costs. Now being recognized as one of the most rapidly-growing technology firms in the United States, we are made up of people who like to push the limits, be different and do great things. At Bluebeam hard work is recognized, new hires are encouraged to share their ideas, and the environment is friendly, energetic and fun.
To learn more about what it is like to work at Bluebeam, WATCH THIS! http://youtu.be/v7OJ19BO7pU. And check out our company page to see what Bluebeam Engineering is like!
Bluebeam offers competitive compensation as well as an annual incentive bonus based on performance. Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, disability, and life insurance, 401k, and paid time off.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
How to apply
Please apply with your resume and a *personalized* cover letter to our career portal: https://bluebeam-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=1&jobid=30 or you can send your stuff directly to Laura @ email@example.com =)