In a typical day, you’ll build new product features, improve existing features, and fix problems identified by our global user-base. From concept to testing to launch day and beyond, all of our engineers participate as active team players in order to meet tight deadlines and deliver for our customers.
How will you know if it’s a good fit? As you evaluate your options, consider this:
- You’ll be at an industry-leading company with an unrelenting focus on making the best product possible.
- You’ll no doubt challenge your coding skills while working with developers who are at the top of the game.
- None of us are ever satisfied with good enough; we demand the best.
- We’ll always value your contributions to our collective success. The best ideas always win.
Skills & Requirements
- You’re obsessively on top of the latest HTML5/CSS3 and use every Modernizr test possible.
- Your software design skills are unrivaled.
- You deploy bulletproof code with extra time to spare.
- You want to be proud of what you do at your job.
About Sprout Social Inc.
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing: creating something unique. Our team is driven to change the way the world communicates. We’ve assembled a tightly knit group of extraordinary and talented individuals who are relentless about building superior products and focusing on our customers’ success. We work tirelessly to sustain an energetic environment built on creativity, pride, fun and hard work. Here’s what you can expect:
- You’ll be at an industry-leading company in a fast growing space providing world-class solutions that people love.
- You’ll no doubt challenge your skills while working with stellar coworkers who are at the top of their game.
- We solve hard problems and focus on mutual success among our team and customers.
- We’ll always value your contributions to our collective success.
People join Sprout to be part of a great team who work hard, challenge themselves and contribute in meaningful ways. Many other perks include:
- Excellent healthcare benefits with generous company contributions
- Retirement Plans
- CTA/Metra Transit Program
- Wellness Initiatives (Gym / Divvy Bike subsidies, healthy lunch options, etc)
- Free meals, snacks and beverages
- Great environment, technology and equipment
Joel Test score: 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?