1 billion shakes and counting. Urbanspoon is a leading restaurant discovery app and web service, and we’re looking for a talented senior iOS/mobile developer to take our hugely popular mobile apps to the next level. Urbanspoon is located in the Eastlake neighborhood of Seattle, near South Lake Union.
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Developer with a passion for working with highly technical stacks and the latest web services technologies in a team environment. The Senior Mobile Developer will design, develop, and create associated automated testing for iOS apps and related APIs. You will work closely with product management, UX design and the mobile web development teams to build innovative and delightful native and hybrid native/HTML apps.
Skills & Requirements
Our ideal mobile developer will have hands on experience with:
- iOS7 and Apple SDK (Android is a big plus)
- Objective C
- Mass market consumer apps (over 1 million monthly average users)
- Local and/or social features
- Agile development processes
- Test-driven development
- Front end and back end development
- Working with other developers on shared code
Required qualifications include:
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- 2+ years iOS development including experience, including developing and managing live apps for iPhone &/or iPad
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, for both technical and business communication
- Strong team player
Other preferred qualifications:
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent field
- Android app development experience
- Java or Perl or Ruby or Python
- Preferred but not required: people management (this is potentially a lead / management role, depending on experience and interest)
If you are an exceptional mobile developer that wants to work within a highly technical development team in a stable startup environment, we want to hear from you today!
Urbanspoon is an equal opportunity employer.
Urbanspoon is a leading online local restaurant guide, aggregating restaurant reviews from across the Web including newspapers, professional food critics, bloggers and diners. Urbanspoon is a subsidiary of Ask.com (http://www.ask.com), an IAC (NASDAQ: IACI) operating company, and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington