Gig Salad's offices are located in a historic waterfront building, steps from the Cape Fear River in historic downtown Wilmington, NC. The developer we're looking for has an expert understanding of PHP and MySQL and thrives on a team collaborating on cutting-edge back-end web development.
**We are offering relocation for US candidates only. No sponsorship offered.
Skills & Requirements
Experience with all or most of the following is a big plus:
- Agile development
- Amazon Web Services (S3, SES)
About Gig Salad
Founded in 2007, GigSalad.com is an online entertainment booking company serving all of the United States and Canada. We have two locations: our East Coast office is in Wilmington, NC and our Midwest office is in Springfield, MO. Gig Salad is no longer a budding start-up, as we are now a tried-and-true leader in the events and entertainment industries.
We provide generous health benefits and flexible time off.
Learn more about us at http://www.gigsalad.com/about
Joel Test score: 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?