Petersons.com, an online resource for students who are seeking information about higher education, is looking for a Senior Web Developer/Team Lead that has experience building highly dynamic web experiences. The ideal candidate should have past experience as a team lead or manager and should be willing to jump in, learn quickly, and motivate the small team that is currently in place. This is a full-time position based out of our Highlands Ranch, CO office (15 minutes outside Denver).
- Lead a small team to build and maintain features and functionality for thepetersons.com website (built on ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, C#, .NET 4.0+, jQuery, Foundation, Angular.js)
- Coding contributions will be focused primarily on front-end development efforts but ability to help across the entire application is necessary.
- Work within an agile development team and ensure stories are delivered within scope and on-time.
- Work with the infrastructure and configuration management teams to identify areas of opportunity and manage changes to the web environment.
- Lead the direction of the front-facing user experience.
- Mentor and lead a small team of Software Developers and QA engineers.
Skills & Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Senior level developer who has experience as a team lead or team manager
- 5+ years of web development experience for a high-traffic web environment
- Experience working within an agile development process
- Experience building web applications in a Services Oriented Architecture
- Strong background working with front-end frameworks (Anglular.js, Foundation, etc.)
- Experience delivering optimized resources to the browser
- Background in JSON and RESTful Web Services a plus
- Excellent HTML5, CSS3, and responsive web design a plus
- Experience working in environments with Oracle or SQL front-end or back-end a plus
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- A passion for building great web experiences
- A drive to keep up-to-date with advances in technology
- Ability to flexibly and pleasantly change direction quickly
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to deliver quality code and follow best coding practices
About Peterson's (A Nelnet Company)
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.