S&P Dow Jones Indices is seeking a Lead Quality Assurance Engineer to be a key player in planning, preparation and execution of tests for a real-time index calculation system. This role requires a seasoned technologist, who works effectively, both independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment. The candidate must be a delivery-focused person with solid financial applications experience skills. The candidate will report to the Vice President of Application Architecture & Development and assist with creating and executing test cases, automation of tests, gather test metrics, do deployments in the QA environment, co-ordinate production deployments and release planning.Responsibilities:
- Evaluate requirements and define testing objectives and approaches; manage testing tools and environments, test preparation, execution, and automation
- Provide leadership in quality assurance, change management, process improvement, release management processes, and assessment and reporting
- Continuous review and improvement of the testing and quality assurance methodologies and measurement of these processes
- Effectively interact with global customers, business users and IT staff
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience; MS in Computer Science highly desirable
- 6 years experience in quality assurance
- Experience in evaluating testing technologies , conducting test strategy design and test script code reviews
- Experience with Index/Benchmarks or Asset Management or Portfolio Investment modeling or trading platforms.
- Experience with Market Data such as Equity, Forex or Options asset classes preferred.
- Experience in SQL.
- Basic Understanding of a UNIX environment
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies
- Excellent understanding of release testing, sign-off and deployment methods
- Ability to work out of NY and NJ locations.
About S&P Capital IQ / S&P Dow Jones Indices and McGraw Hill Financial
S&P Capital IQ provides in-depth intelligence across asset classes and capital structures to more than 4,200 institutions, wealth managers and investment advisors around the world. S&P Dow Jones Indices is the world’s largest provider of financial market indices today. Together, S&P Capital IQ and S&P Dow Jones Indices are two of the leading brands of McGraw Hill Financial, a leading provider of content and analytics to global financial markets.
McGraw Hill Financial includes Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, J.D. Power, Platts, McGraw Hill Construction and Aviation Week. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
Learn more at www.mhfi.com/careers
McGraw-Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.