static readonly uint THRESHOLD = 5;
static uint Question(string text)
Console.WriteLine(text + " [y/N]");
string answer = Console.ReadLine();
return answer != null && answer.Equals("y") ? 1U : 0U;
static void Main()
string questionTexts =
"Looking for a new challenge?",
"Want to work in the heart of Paris?",
"Do you enjoy solving hard problems efficiently and creatively?",
"Would you like to work where Big Data is more than a buzz word?",
"Want to work on a product at true web scale with 30B HTTP requests and 2.5B unique banners displayed per day?",
"Would you like to know more?"
uint score = questionTexts.Aggregate<string, uint>(0, (current, text) => current + Question(text));
Console.WriteLine(score > THRESHOLD
? @"Contact email@example.com today"
: @"That’s a shame, you can learn more at http://labs.criteo.com maybe we can change your mind?");
Skills & Requirements
We are a group of problem solving polyglot programmers. We have a number of vacancies at different levels across our teams dealing with issues of scalability, machine learning, high-performance computing and much more. If you'd like to know more about the roles we have and to talk about where you might fit in, please get in touch.
About Criteo [CTRO]
Criteo delivers personalized performance marketing at an extensive scale. Measuring return on post-click sales, Criteo makes ROI transparent and easy to measure. Criteo has over 1,500 employees in 23 offices across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific, serves over 7,800 advertisers worldwide and maintains direct relationships with over 10,000 publishers.
Our R&D team of close to 300 engineers is building the next generation digital advertising technologies that allow us to manage billions of ad impressions every day. We're working in a very fast-paced release cycle and are adding new capabilities weekly and even daily.
A few figures:
• 15 datacenters (8 with computing capacity + 7 dedicated to network connectivity) across US, EU, APAC
• More than 15K servers, running a mix of Linux and Windows
• One of the largest Hadoop clusters in Europe with close to 40PB of storage and 30.000 cores –
• 30B HTTP requests and close to 3B unique banners displayed per day
• Close to 1M HTTP requests per second handled during peak times
• 40Gbps of bandwidth, half of it through peering exchanges
We recognize that engineering culture is key for building a world-class engineering
organization. Our core values are getting stuff done, collaboration and respect, code quality, striving for excellence, and having fun at what we do.
For more information, please visit http://www.criteolabs.com
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
Learn more about Criteo Labs
We have great benefits25 Days Holiday...and another 10 days with RTT (Réduction du temps de travail)Bonus!Contribution to cost of lunchContribution to cost of travel to the officeHealthcareBeautiful offices in Paris' Opera District...the occasional Nerf fight...Games room and social events.Roof terrace with views across the city.
Who you’ll work with
java hadoop bigdata git
c# .net c++ couchbase