The associate provides engineering design and support for the entire project development life cycle for MEI. The successful candidate will have the ability to design new products as well as complete sustaining engineering assignments required to update products, successfully transfer products from new product development to business channels, support field installations, and resolve quality and/or performance defects.
Role & Responsibilities
- Product Integration
Work with Tech Support and when needed directly with the customer in support of integration of the MEI products. Also support successful introduction and knowledge transfer of new products into business channels.
- Product Development
Responsible for the design of the assigned product design/enhancement activities. Generate technical requirements, develop documentation and verification requirements, and actively participate in design validation/proving activities.
- Sustaining Engineering Support
Responsible for timely resolution of TIER 2/3 support issues. Issues escalated include customer issues, remote support issues, quality defects, and production support as required. Duties include root cause analysis, corrective action development, and driving closure of open issues to support turn-around time goals and customer needs.
- Process and quality improvement
Responsible for adhering to the MEI release process for all assigned tasks. Actively participate in process improvement events (Kaizen, value stream mapping, etc). Ensure compliance with industry and company standard development practices and processes from concept to release.
- Project Management
Actively participate in the project management process by providing status reports and project updates to engineering management on scheduled basis.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned
Skills & Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Master’s degree a plus.
Minimum experience required:
- Technical domain experience Embedded RTOS using C/C++,
- Application programming using C/C++, C#, .NET a plus
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytic skills
- 3-5 years plus experience in design and engineering
- Proven knowledge of software development life cycle, Agile experience a plus
- Experience using lab tools such as logic analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to read schematics and communicate with mechanical and hardware teams.
- Experience with revision control system.
Project Management experience a plus
- Proven domain expertise in the design of microprocessor based electronic products.
- Strong analytic skills, troubleshooting skills, and software development expertise 5+ years experience in embedded system design., 3+ years experience developing code with C/C++, working knowledge of agile development model
- Experience testing and troubleshooting electronic devices. Working knowledge of all phases of hardware/firmware design and development; design, ability to read schematic, BOM creation, test and debug.
- Proven ability to work independently; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
MEI is one of the world's leading manufacturers of electronic bill acceptors, coin mechanisms and other unattended transaction systems. Our products are currently in widespread use in the vending, soft drink, gaming, amusement, transportation, telecommunications, retail and kiosk markets. Today, MEI electronic payment systems are relied upon for more than 2 billion transactions per week in 100 countries. MEI payment systems' technology is considered the most reliable choice in hundreds of real-world applications and has earned the best performance rating in the market. Please visit www.meigroup.com to learn more about our company. We are located in Malvern, PA.
As a privately held company, MEI offers benefits that reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes:
- Excellent pay
- Competitive health and dental care benefit programs
- Coverage that begins on your first day of work
- One of the most generous retirement and savings plans in the nation
- A very competitive vacation plan
- Unrivaled career advancement opportunities
to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. MEI is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agencies.