Why Scanbuy? We have traction to be a reliable opportunity YET we're agile enough to quickly intake good ideas from our staff. Why else? Our team includes a CTO who helped Amazon launch S3. We teach/train and give access to learning and development. Why else? We own our nitch! Scanbuy is the world’s largest provider of mobile code publishing and scanning solutions. Our software is used by people in over 100 countries to manage and use barcodes, QR Codes, Datamatrix codes, and others. Our apps have been downloaded over 40,000,000 times. We are looking for a developer to join our development team with a primary focus on our iOS and Android ScanLife apps.
To be a good fit, you should be a good developer, self-managing with Agile experience, and enjoy an environment with few limits. We want you to be good at apps and at the same time we’d like you to be ready and interested to do some back end Java development on the ScanLife Code Management Platform when the team needs you to do that. We’d like you to driven just enough that you will have a personal project to show us and talk about.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance barcode scanning applications on all handsets and operating systems
- Develop and grow in-depth expertise for developing applications on one or two handset operating systems
- Help Scanbuy achieve and maintain clear leadership among mobile scanning applications
- Participate in Agile development as a member of a Scrum development team
We are a distributed Agile organization. That means we empower our teams to do their best work in their own way, and we depend on them to uphold high engineering standards and to do the right thing. You will be on a Scrum team working closely with a few other colleagues to build value for our customers in the best way you know how. We value deep levels of expertise and experience coupled with the willingness to pitch in as needed to make the team successful. The choice of tasks you work on will be your own in concert with the needs of your team. Our CTO is a Certrified ScrumMaster Trainer, so we do real Scrum here. We are looking for ‘test-infected’ developers who understand automated unit testing and feature testing. TDD experience would be a huge plus.
If you telecommute, you will be working from home for the most part, but that won’t prevent you from interacting with your colleagues every day. We will only consider you for telecommuting if you have significant experience being on a scrum or other Agile team.
Skills & Requirements
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline. MS degree would be a plus.
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming or Embedded Device programming
- Programming experience in at least two of C, C++, Java, Objective C, C#
- 2 years experience in mobile handset software development on iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry SDK
- Demonstrable interest in and exposure to modern programming tools and practices such as Open Source, TDD, Git, Continuous Build and Integration
- Successful release of a mobile app to the Apple App store, Android Market Place, or BlackBerry App World
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Passion towards user interface, engaging experience.
- Enthusiasm to collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers.
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of UI frameworks (Android/iOS)
- MVP application design.
- Advanced experience in performance, functional & unit testing.
Scanbuy is the leading global provider of mobile barcode solutions. We use the mobile phone as the link between the physical and digital worlds. Used in over 125 countries around the world every day, the ScanLife scanner app is the gateway for consumers to make more informed purchases and for companies to connect to consumers in their daily lives away from a computer. We have experienced 600% growth in usage over the past year and we are still riding the rocket. Find out a little more about Scanbuy in a recent press release: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/scanbuys-mid-year-trend-report-shows-mobile-barcodes-are-trending-toward-mass-market-in-many-countries-125882443.html
The Best Companies Group (BCG) database of over 300,000 employee interviews reveals that employees working in small companies are significantly more satisfied with their jobs overall than employees in larger companies.