Stealth.travel is a Manhattan-based start-up that aspires to revolutionize multi-channel travel retail with our B2B & B2C products and services. We’re keeping a low profile at the moment, though we’ve already secured solid funding and have a management team of veterans from the travel industry.
We are looking for a Senior Front-end Developer to be part of the core team, building cutting-edge travel technology from scratch. Soooo... if you are passionate about making fast, scalable, and well-designed web interfaces; want to use the latest web technologies to solve challenging problems; want to create innovative web applications from the ground up; this is the job for you!
What you need to know:
- We are building in LAMP, using Symfony2 framework.
- You will focus on the front-end, but should have experience in back-end as well.
- You will be challenged on a daily basis as we will be solving some very complex problems involving large data sets and innovative front-end interfaces.
- We only hire the best talent.
Skills & Requirements
You should apply if:
- You have a minimum 5 years of front-end development experience.
- You are HTML and CSS guru with strong cross-browser and hands-on HTML5/CSS3 experience.
- You are an advocate for good, clean, well-documented and performant front-end code.
- You follow standards and best practices for front-end development.
- You are a seasoned, mature engineering leader, comfortable building teams, developing staff, and building a culture of efficient execution and high-quality deliverables.
- You love working in a collaborative, agile environment.
- You love big challenges and getting things done.
You also need:
- No fear of LAMP environment.
- Experience writing unit tests (Selenium experience a plus).
- Authorization to work in the US. No visa sponsorships.
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience with front-end frameworks like Angular and Knock-out
- MS or PhD in computer science or a closely-related field.
- Travel Industry Experience
- We are a company in stealth mode, with solid private equity backing.
- We plan to revolutionize the way complex travel is sold by building a multi-channel (off-line – online) and multi-device (pc, tablet, mobile) experience aided by travel experts.
- We have a solid management team with extensive experience in the Travel industry.
- We are based in NYC within walking distance to Penn Station.
- We offer great compensation package and benefits:
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- 401k with matching employer contributions
- 1 week all expenses paid vacation for 2 in one of the destinations we sell
- State of the art computer equipment
- Social culture (happy hours, Friday lunches, coffee, snacks, etc)
- Free ride home if you work late (after 8PM)
- Gym benefits
- Referral bonuses
- We offer great working environment
- Quality chairs
- Lots of whiteboards
- Few meetings, few distractions
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work hours, ability to work from home
- Great company outings, off-sites, and post-work hang out sessions