We need a self-motivated and hard-working individual with excellent communication skills. Eagerness to learn new technologies is a must.
Developers within Life Time Technology group at Life Time Fitness are responsible for delivering the technical design and development of software components and websites for assigned projects.
Examples of Work Performed:
- 5% of their week on management tasks, 30% on technical design and mentoring, 65% on writing code
- Write code for one or more programs or projects to ensuring adherence to technical excellence of our consumer-facing experiences
- Remain current on technology trends applicable to Life Time Fitness’s business
- Mentor other developers, participate in code reviews
- Use appropriate technical design methods to explain your approach
- Ensure technology, legal, security and process standards are followed across your assigned business segments
- Understand and communicate technical and functional design requirements
- Design, code, and test technical solutions, including unit testing
- Participate in code reviews
- Understand the necessity of, have experience with and aid in establishing and ensuring delivery to coding standards
- Understand project expectations as communicated by the Solution Architect and/or Technical Director on the project
- Estimate development effort to deliver
- Recognize and effectively communicate risks to project timelines and quality
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Proactively work with Interactive Business Analysts, Creative, User Experience and Quality Assurance Analyst to define project requirements
Skills & Requirements
- Four-year college degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of experience with C#.NET development – Combination of both Web (ASP.NET) and Desktop applications.
- Strong understanding of various libraries & frameworks (examples: jQuery, NHibernate, WCF, ServiceStack, Entity Framework, ASP.NET MVC)
- 10+ years of database-based application development (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc)
- Integration tools & techniques (ESBs, Orchestration, SOA, XML, JSON, SOAP, REST, etc)
- Able to explain complex technical situations to relatively non-technical co-workers and key business stakeholders.
- “No” is not in your vocabulary.
- Takes pride and ownership of technical solutions.
- Mindset focused on pragmatic solutions with long-term vision in mind.
- Equally at home working with creative, business, and technical people.
- Able to manage many details and priorities.
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies, and ability to do so quickly, on the job
- Numerous programming languages
- Numerous frameworks in each language
- Performance testing, load testing
- Rich internet development (AJAX, Flash, Flex, Silverlight)
- Mobile development
- SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Appreciation of high quality visual design, marketing strategy, business strategy, and user experience disciplines
- Focus on broad technical expertise – including Web (Desktop and Mobile), Messaging (Email, SMS, Push), Native Apps (Mobile, Kiosks), Social (Tools, Apps, Integration), E-Commerce, and Online Video
About Life Time Fitness
Are you a technology professional open to new opportunities? Would you like to be a part of a great environment and a company that is working with new technologies? Life Time Technology at Life Time Fitness is looking for additions to our team. We offer great benefits (including a free family membership to Life Time!), a great team to work alongside of and an opportunity to be part of some great new technology.