Are you looking for the excitement of a tech company with a startup feel and want to live on the East Coast? Relish the idea of coming to work everyday, surrounded by intelligent people who are passionate about what they do? As a Senior Android Developer at MeetMe, you will create mobile applications for one of the fastest growing social networking sites and over 90 million registered users.
About This Job
As a Sr. Android Developer at MeetMe, you will be part of a team that creates mobile applications for one of the fastest growing social network with over 90 million users internationally. Our Android implementation is fully native and focuses on performance, usability, and code quality. As a Sr. Android Developer at MeetMe, you will be not only be responsible for developing new, amazing apps for our users by writing code, but also by participating in peer code reviews, brainstorming sessions, “node” retreats, and our regular hack-a-thons. You will have the satisfaction of working directly with a team of product managers, designers, QA analysts, API developers and project managers to devise new ideas for our existing products as well as new, standalone apps. As with any other person at MeetMe, Android Developers are always thinking of and suggesting ways to make MeetMe better in every way.
If you have Android programming experience and are passionate about building great products, we want to talk with you! We are very interested in what you have already created, so please include links to applications you have developed and published. If you have experience with Social Networking, that’s a plus but we won’t hold it against you if you don’t. Take a look at our app in the Play Store – see what we are all about!
Skills & Requirements
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, equivalent work experience, or just be really awesome
- Experience creating and publishing successful app(s) to a prominent Android app store (such as Google Play Store or Amazon App Store)
- Thorough understanding of core Android concepts
- Experience building apps compatible with Android OS versions 1.6 through 4.2
- Experience optimizing, refactoring, and debugging views and layout hierarchies
- Experience in creating UIs using custom themes, styles, attributes, and resources
- Understanding of RESTful API interaction and JSON
- Git or other source control management
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work iteratively with Product, Design, Back-End and QA teams
- Ability to discuss and debate, as well as give and take support and challenges in a team environment
- Working understanding of agile development process - a plus
Salary range is $100,000 – $140,000.
About MeetMe, Inc.
MeetMe® is the leading social network for meeting new people in the US and the public market leader for social discovery (NYSE MKT: MEET).
MeetMe makes meeting new people fun through social games and apps, monetized by both advertising and virtual currency. With 60% of traffic coming from mobile, MeetMe is fast becoming the social gathering place for the mobile generation.
The company operates MeetMe.com and MeetMe apps on iPhone, iPad, and Android in multiple languages including English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Chinese (traditional), Russian and Japanese.
MeetMe is a great place to work! In joining our team, you’ll enjoy: a creative and fast-paced work environment that is entrepreneurial and driven, an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing company; and a fantastic office location with restaurants and shops within walking distance!
- a competitive salary
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 1 week paid sick/personal time
- 10 paid holidays
- a paid day off on your birthday
- free gym membership to a gym conveniently located just a few doors down from our office
- catered dinner Mon – Thurs
- catered lunches every 2 weeks
- refrigerators around the office filled with endless supplies of beverages (iced tea, soda, energy drinks, juice)
- stocked kitchen with a wide variety of healthy (and indulgent) snacks!
- game room equipped with arcade games, ski ball, video games, and more!
- comfortable lounge areas with couches and pillows to relax while working
- flexible hours (work an additional hour Mon.-Thurs. and leave at 1pm on Fridays!)
- medical, dental, and vision benefits (MeetMe pays 75% of premiums for medical and dental benefits), 100% employer paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, supplemental life insurance, and a 401(k) match.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?