Responsible for the development of software components used in industrial control and manufacturing intelligence products. Development is done in small, agile teams of high caliber software developers using cutting edge software paradigms. In our group, innovation is highly valued and every person’s contribution counts. A key focus will be on weaving together existing product offerings thus requiring the ability to effectively work across department boundaries including teams working in different locations.
For information on our group products:
For information on manufacturing intelligence, our market:
- Participates in or drives negotiations on project objectives and requirements. Provides cost/benefit recommendations.
- Contributes to or develops architectural designs that meet the requirements crossing existing product boundaries. Provides manpower/time estimation for the design. Considers tradeoffs between requirements, speed, cost and reliability in the choice of a design approach.
- Develops and documents code and unit tests that satisfy the software design. Integrates with other components, solving highly complex system problems, to produce a final product. Responsibilities typically extend to the technical management of the design, testing and integration of other engineer’s work in related areas.
- Leads or participates in reviews of documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation.
- Does advanced work, including requirements, on a feature before a development team is in place.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and integrity of several software subsystems comprising an architectural layer of the software.
- Keeps informed of new developments in the software and computer engineering fields. Identifies and participates in technical and developmental training opportunities.
Skills & Requirements
- 10 or more years in a software product development environment.
- Highly experienced in writing .NET applications and services in C#. Experience with C++ a plus.
- Multi-year experience developing on the Windows platform.
- Strong experience with MS SQL Server, T-SQL, and stored procedures.
- Solid understanding of modern software design concepts (object oriented design, software patterns, multi-tier applications, service oriented architecture).
- Domain knowledge in the field of Industrial Automation with special focus on HMI, Historian, Alarm & Events, and Supervisory Control based on modern software technologies.
- Comfortable with agile development processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent degree required.
- Experience with cloud services and modern web technologies including mobile a plus.
About Rockwell Automation
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.