GoECart is perhaps the biggest little software company you've never heard of. We power hundreds of ecommerce sites across the country in the mid market space and our sales grew over 90% last year alone!
Founded by a local entrepreneur from his dorm room at the University of Bridgeport, we have a great story to share and need you to help us tell it. We need a lead engineer to work on our world class software solution.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- You will lead the development and deployment of the award winning GoECart Ecommerce Platform and Order Management Systemby personally implementing complex, specialized and highly technical components
- You will be personally implementing solutions that employ leading edge Microsoft technologies such as ASP, ASP.NET, MVC2, C#, JQuery, JSON, Visual Studio 2010, .NET 4.0, IIS 7, XML, SOAP, MS SQL Server 2008, SSRS and Cloud technologies (Microsoft Windows/SQL Azure and Amazon EC2)
- You must be able to independently interpret business requirements and then design and develop highly scalable database driven web applications to quickly meet our clients' business objectives.
- You will lead the development of formal QA methodologies and efficient release engineering processes in an Agile and Scrum environment.
- You will assist in the development of the functional specification of product features.
You will report directly to the Chief Product Manager (who I hear is a decent fellow :)
If this excites you, read on! If you're looking for a 9 to 5 job where you just put in your time and go home, this is not the position for you. GoECart is only looking for a smart, dynamic Senior Software Engineer who wants to make a name for him/herself in this industry and continue to develop award winning software.
And if you live in New York City think about a reverse commute, our offices are literally right next door to the train station in Bridgeport.
Skills & Requirements
Essential Skills, Experience & Education
- Experience in developing web-services and implementing a service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Ability to architect, code, implement and maintain high performance, distributed scalable software.
- Expertise within theMicrosoft web environment, including IIS 7 and NUnit, FxCop, Nant, VSTP, Selenium
- 5+ years experience in industry-standard software development methodologies, e.g. use case-driven and test-driven iterative software development methodologies (Scrum, Agile)
- 5+ years experience in debugging, code-reviewing, code-refactoring & performance tuning in a commercial environment.
- Experience with version control, issue tracking, and build/release management is essential.
- Experience with short-lifetime development cycles.
- Prior startup experience and an ability to thrive in a high-pressure fast-paced startup environment
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Computer Science (preferably from a top-tier university)
- Knowledge and/or experience with Ecommerce, Retail and Order Management Solutions a plus
As we've noted in some of our other ads, we are located in Connecticut right across the Bridgeport train and bus stations (about an hour by train from The Big Apple). So, when you do take a breather, you can explore the city, see that Broadway show, eat in every possible ethnic restaurant imaginable, etc. Or if you're a country boy/girl, you can head north to New Haven, western MA, VT, etc.
Hopefully you already live in the area or are moving here anyway. But if not and if this is your dream job, some relocation assistance is available.
GoECart is the world's leading provider of fully integrated, on-demand ecommerce solutions-powered by exceptional technology and by the innovation, passion, and tireless dedication of our team. We proudly offer GoECart 360, the world's first web-based, all-in-one ecommerce suite that combines award-winning ecommerce storefront technology with enterprise-class order and inventory management, fulfillment and warehouse management, customer relationship management (CRM), and much more.