Performs intermediate level software testing tasks including, test case development, test planning, scheduling, and execution. Assures that developed products meet requirements and are within total quality management standards. Intermediate level position in Test Engineering, operating under minimal supervision.
- Performs product testing, reporting on problems encountered and documenting test results for follow-up.
- Development and review of Product Requirements to assure that information required for the development of test cases are contained in the specifications.
- Estimate, plan, and develop test cases and test collateral; and execute tests at the system, integration, and functional levels.
- Prioritize and execute multiple activities in parallel.
- Work closely with development, requirements analysts and others to ensure proper resolution to problems; determine origin and root cause.
- Actively participate in peer reviews: requirements, code, design, test as required.
- Ensure documented test cases and specifications validate documented software requirements: ensure appropriate test coverage is attained.
- Contributes to the development of test automaton frameworks and automated tests.
- Works with other disciplines to determine product functionality and scope of testing.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering, with concentration in software; or equivalent knowledge in the areas of software engineering (software requirements analysis, software design, software testing).
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years experience in Software Testing, Software Development, Applications Engineering, Technical Support, or other Testing/Quality Assurance role.
- Must exhibit good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Experience with the following are required:
- Knowledge of software test methodologies and automated testing practices
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Windows operating systems (Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7 preferred)
- SQL Server (SQL Server 2008 R2 preferred)
- Microsoft Office products
- Testing highly integrated software products
- Experience with automatically testing web applications running on regular browsers, tablets as well as smart phones
- Experience with testing (web) service oriented applications
Experience with the following are highly desirable:
- Multiple years of experience using industrial automation software products, especially Rockwell Software products (Historian SE, View SE)
- Agile (Scrum) methodology for software development
- Programming in Visual Studio (C# preferred)
- NUnit testing framework
- Debugging and troubleshooting network protocols
- VMWare, VSphere, ESXi
About Rockwell Automation
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.