Python Web Developer
We’ve got the mentality of an independent startup along with the backing of an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company with revenues exceeding $1.5 billion. We’ve got a collaborative culture, and expect you to contribute your knowledge and expertise to the product development process from start to finish. We do what it takes to produce a superior product and we have a lot of fun doing it.
Here are some of the things we hope you’re looking for:
- An agile, fun-loving team environment (office pranks are common)
- A group committed to open source software and culture
- A chance to work on 20% projects full time while in our Innovations Lab (lab coat included)
- A place where geeks can be themselves and learning abounds (we’ve had seminars on subjects ranging from HTML5 video to wilderness medicine to baseball)
Skills & Requirements
Here are some of the things we’re looking for:
- Someone who doesn’t believe a feature is fully shipped until it’s fast and reliable
- A good communicator, teacher and student
- Someone who’s contributed to an open source project (be it code, documentation, advocacy, etc.)
- A perfectionist who tempers it with deadlines (see use of Django)
- Someone for whom REST means more than a hammock
- A test driven developer
- Someone who learns new programming languages (or text editors) for fun
- Python experience
- Passionate about web standards, usability, human-computer interaction, and information architecture
- Experience with modern UI development including: HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, node.js, Mustache templates, etc.
Our company culture:
- Work passionately and positively
- Find a way to say yes.
- Be a utility player.
- Take ownership.
- Seek ideas from all directions.
- Keep it simple to keep it fast.
- Celebrate successes and learn from mistakes.
- Favor measurements over guesses.
- Move forward.
- Serve our customers’ needs.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America’s leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings. The company’s operations currently include 19 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 88 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services. We encourage all CMG employees to "Be Yourself. Make Us Better."
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 18 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com.
At Cox Media Group, diversity is both a business strength and a corporate value. Our diverse workforce makes us more responsive to our diverse customer base and helps shape our business strategy.
Along with many local partnerships, Cox is proud to be a national partner of the following:
• Human Rights Campaign
• League of United Latin American Citizens
• National Urban League