Ask.com is the #1 brand focused on answering questions. We answer the questions of over 227 million people worldwide across the Ask Networks. We have one of the highest-quality and most useful Q&A databases on the Web with more than 400 million Q&A pairs - growing by the millions each week. We are a new group of web developers who are looking to create product/tools for our initiatives that drive most of our company revenue and traffic acquisition. We are serious about creating and maintaining a great culture and are looking for great people to come join our team.
Ask.com is looking for a self-motivated, experienced software engineer who has a passion for both client and server-side development. The position requires interaction with the business to analyze and provide robust technical solutions to business problems. We are looking for someone who can work in a creative dynamic environment while prototyping and building new solutions.
Skills & Requirements
- Analyze and design solutions to meet business needs
- End-to-end development
- Write clean, well-tested, maintainable code
- Be responsible to write proper test cases and automate the software
- Keep up to date with new web technologies
- BA/BS in computer science, computer engineering or related technical field and 5+ years experience in job offered or computer-related occupation.
- Strong OO design and coding skills in an Object Oriented Language - Java – 5+ years experience
- Familiarity with web frameworks such as Spring MVC along with templating using JSP/Velocity and XML, JSON data formats
- Cross-browser compatibility expertise
- Proficiency with data structures, algorithm analysis and design
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Junit, TestNG, Selenium
- Experience with SQL (MySQL) or non-SQL(Redis/MongoDB) databases – a plus
- Python, Shell Scripting – a plus
- Comfortable working in agile work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills at the business and technical level
- Self-directed, independent and with strong work ethic, commitment and team spirit
As a top ten US internet site, Ask.com’s mission is to get our millions of users across the globe the answers they need. We've been in the Q&A business for more than 15 years, and although Jeeves has since retired, we carry on his passion for serving our 100 million users with answers they can trust. We are serious about creating and maintaining a company culture that is both innovative and fun, and we’re looking for great people to come join our team. When you work here, you know your contributions will have a direct and immediate impact on the company.