Your Work Will Be Used By Over 3 Million Students and Teachers!
Learning A-Z's websites and apps deliver leveled books, worksheets, activities, and interactive classroom resources designed to meet the needs of every Pre K-6 student. We provide teachers with the materials needed to differentiate instruction and improve student learning.
Learning A-Z products are used in nearly half the school districts in the U.S. and Canada and over 155 countries worldwide. Millions of kids have accounts at Raz-Kids.com. Every day our student log ins could fill Michigan Stadium three times over (and still have enough for standing room only at Yost).
Let's Make More Software Developers!
Here's Where You Come In:
- Architects, designs, and/or implements applications that conform to a business need. Maintains a business perspective in terms of understanding / affecting how systems are implemented to satisfy user goals.
- You are responsible for the entire life cycle of a system or feature. You would review requirements, generate designs, provide rough order of magnitude estimates, implement, and perform unit testing.
- Should feel that the quality of your work is a direct result of your own testing. You should be able to handle assignments where no formal QA occurs. Systems developed should behave to a high standard of quality.
- Proposes, develops, reviews, and revises new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high quality systems.
- Works on multiple projects at one time, balancing needs and deadlines. You are expected to progress on the project without much guidance from management. In addition, you would propose new projects that will satisfy business needs.
- Can troubleshoot problems of a complex nature.
- Provides technical guidance and training to other team members.
- Shares architecture formally and informally with the team and stakeholders.
- Keeps informed of technical advances. Proposes changes based on newer technology.
- May be asked to research or investigate business opportunities that have no clear direction.
- May be involved in testing beyond unit testing (e.g. integration testing with a remote location, capacity testing)
Skills & Requirements
Galaga Bonus Round:
- 5-8 years software development experience
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Unlocked Cheat Codes:
- 9+ years software development experience
- Masters Degree or Equivalent
- Familiarity with front-end languages and relational databases.
About Learning A-Z
We offer a comprehensive and competitive set of benefits that include health, vision, dental, and life insurance, a 401k program and access to create flexible spending accounts. You'll also enjoy all the free Mountain Dew you can drink.