At Tabcorp we’re currently building an exciting new experience for our customers across web, tablet and mobile devices. We’re looking for people who are excited to use the latest technologies, love to learn new things and want to work with like-minded people who are passionate about what they do and build something that their users will love to use.
We are creating components first, as a part of the style guide, and component driven development is at the core of what we do. Working here you’ll have the opportunity to use a continuous design approach within a highly collaborative, agile team to iteratively design, build and validate solutions with customers.
You will create living style guides and use adaptive design to ensure that we're able to respond rapidly to customer feedback.
Why it’s good:
- You’ll get to work with technologies like AngularJS, CSS3, SASS, LESS, HTML5. Even node.js and ruby if that interests you.
- We strive to work with the latest technologies and give our customers a great experience, at the cutting edge of technology
- We’ll listen to your ideas about new innovative technologies and techniques you’d like to use. And if it will impact what we want to achieve, you’ll get the chance to implement them.
- Everyone’s passionate about what we do here. But it’s not stressful. You don’t have a hundred stakeholders to keep happy and the people who are involved in the roadmap sit within the digital team.
Skills & Requirements
The ideal person will :
- Love working with HTML5 and CSS3 and meta-languages like SASS, LESS and HAML
- Probably have dabbled with node.js, ruby or similar, but if you just love the front-end, that’s cool too
- Have solid understanding of common web and application architectures and development methodologies including Agile
- Have personally explored continuous delivery practices such as CI, automated testing and continuous deployment and ideally worked with them too
Tabcorp is a highly successful, diversified and responsible top ASX listed entertainment organisation that strives to deliver 'The Bigger, Better Game' experience for customers across our extensive range of Wagering, Gaming and Media brands. The iconic and nationally recognised brands include Keno, TAB, and Luxbet, together with our distinguished Media Group - Sky Racing and Sky Sports Radio.
Joel Test score: 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?